[JPL] RE: FW: What a great (and sad) picture..

Tom Mallison tomthejazzman at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 25 17:43:03 EDT 2007

This exact photo is in one of Milt's photo books.
It is a commentary of the day.
He and I talked about those photos and he had some very interesting stories
to tell.
He was not bitter looking back and seemed always to make lemonade out of
obvious lemons.

If you don't have one of Milt's books you should look into owning one.  I
am fortunate to have
both which are autographed copies along with an autographed photo he took
of Billie Holiday
during her last recording session drinking a class of straight vodka.  He
did some wonderful
photo in those early days with his Argus-35 camera.

I attended his memorial service in New York at the Riverside Church and it
was awesome, closing
with over 50 bass players playing Denny Zeitlan's QUIET NOW.  Rufus Reid
organized the music
for the event.  It opened with Jon Faddis playing solo from the back top
balcony of the church.

ALOHA
Tom

<Dee.Perry at ideastream.org>; Goldurs, Jim <Jim.Goldurs at ideastream.org>;
Jackson, Rick <Rick.Jackson at ideastream.org>; Kanzeg, David
<David.Kanzeg at ideastream.org>; Barnett, David C.
<David.Barnett at ideastream.org>; Jerry Immel <bookjer at mindspring.com>;
Branford <brm1 at well.com>; Brown, Gig <gbrown at wusf.org>;
<DOCCITY at aol.com>; <djrobswift at gmail.com>; <DonHarMusi at aol.com>; Earl
Jackson <eazeej at hotmail.com>; eugene holley, jr. <eholley at hotmail.com>;
<EricScottReed at aol.com>; <Finiapolis at aol.com>; <farberfoto at aol.com>;
<FredWasser at aol.com>; <geerstreet at yahoo.com>; <hendricksmusic at aol.com>;
<herbieh at pacbell.net>; Jae Sinnett <jaejazz at yahoo.com>;
<JWadsworth at aol.com>; <Jack.Marchbanks at dot.state.oh.us>; Kim Skillern
Samuels <kimistree6 at yahoo.com>; Kimberley Berry
<kimberleyjberry at yahoo.com>; <karen at stamart.com>; LisaJean Sylvia
<ljsylvia at sbcglobal.net>; LaFrae Sci <lafrae at msn.com>;
<lavonne_07112 at yahoo.com>; <lhsilver at yahoo.com>; <moefoy at aol.com>; Willard
Jenkins <muzikmuse at comcast.net>; <Melocole1 at aol.com>; Maxine Harvard
<maxineharvard at cox.net>; Michelle Taylor <mtaylor441 at earthlink.net>; Bobby
Ferrazza <Robert.Ferrazza at oberlin.edu>; Ron Gill <ron_gill at verizon.net>;
Terri Pontremoli <tpontremoli at sbcglobal.net>;
<tomthejazzman at earthlink.net>; Valerie at BrickHouse
<valerie at brickhousecorp.com>
> Date: 6/25/2007 4:10:00 PM
> Subject: FW: What a great (and sad) picture..
>
> My dear friend and colleague Arturo Gomez of KUVO-FM in Denver sent this
one to me.  Thought I would share it with you.