[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Monday June 25, 2007

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Mon Jun 25 21:51:52 EDT 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Monday June 25, 2007

(Kenny Drew) Contour - Jack Sheldon: The Quartet & The Quintet - Pacific
Jazz - CDP 7243 4 93160 2 7

(Billy Taylor) Reclamation - Urban Griot - Billy Taylor - Soundpost
Records - SP3050-2

(Greg Slawson) Jousted - Dark Eye - Kassaba - www.kassaba.com

(Antonio Carlos Jobim) How Insensitive - Floating on the Silence - Tom
Wolfe and Gene Bertoncini - Summit Records - DCD 479

(Billy Childs) Heroes - Rufus Reid Quintet Live at the Kennedy Center -
Motema - MTM-00009

(Joe Henderson) Inner Urge - Joe Henderson Big Band - Verve - 314 533
451-2

8:01 NPR News

(Robert Irving) Always Sometimes - New Momentum - Robert irving - Sonic
Portraits - SPE 1199

8:01 NPR News

(King Oliver) Weather Bird -  Louis Armstrong: Portrait of the Artist as a
Young Man - Louis Armstrong - Columbia/Legacy - 57176

(Hines) My Monday Date - Apex Blues - Jimmie Noone with Earl Hines - Decca
Jazz - GRD-633

(Arlen, Kohler) I've Got the World on a String - Reunion in Brussels -
Earl Fatha Hines - Red Baron - AK 48854

(Osvaldo Pugliese) / (Juan Tizol) / La Yumba - Caravan - Funk Tango -
Pacquito D'Rivera - Sunnyside Records - SSC 4551

(Ignacio Pineiro) Echale Salsita - Bebo - Bebo Valdes - Calle 54 Records -
601012

(Cole Porter) In the Still of the Night - Kenny Burrell 12-15-78 - 32Jazz
- 32144

(Clifford Brown) Larue - Jazz Contrasts - Kenny Dorham - Riverside -
OJCCD-028-2

(Edu Lobo, Gianfresco Guarnieri) Upa Neguinho - With a Little Help from My
Friends - Renee Rosnes - Blue Note - 7 2435 26584 2 8

(R. Hubbel, J. Golden) Poor Butterfly - Volume Two: Sonny Rollins - Blue
Note - 7243 4 97809 2 7

9:01 NPR News

(Lewis Allan) Strange Fruit / (Billie Holiday) Fine and Mellow / (Koehler,
Arlen) I Gotta Right to Sing the Blues - Billie Holiday: The Complete
Commodore Recordings - Commodore - CMD-2-401

(Sam Lewis, Joe Young) Dinah - Coleman Hawkins: a Retrospective 1929-1963
- Bluebird - 07863 66617-2

(Waller, Razaf) Honeysuckle Rose - Disorder at the Border - Bennie Wallace
- Enja/Justin Time - 3321-2

(Ellington) I Let a Song Go out of My Heart - Carol Sloane with Ken
Peplowski and Brad Hatfield: Dearest Duke - Arbors Jazz - ARCD 19350

(Strayhorn) Raincheck - Ellington: The Blanton Webster Band - Bluebird -
5659-2-RB

(Mal Waldron) Soul Eyes - Manhattan Moods - McCoy Tyner and Bobby
Hutcherson - Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 28423 2 3

(Victor Feldman) Azule Serape - The Cannonball Adderly Quintet at the
Lighthouse - Cannonball Adderly - Capitol - 7243 5 31572  2 7

(Artie Butler, Phyllis Molinary) Here's to Life - Here's to Life - Shirley
Horn - Gitanes/Verve - 314 511 879-2