[JPL] WBCX 89.1 FM's Sounds of Jazz playlist for June 30,2007

jazzhead jazzhead at bellsouth.net
Mon Jun 25 22:01:28 EDT 2007

Playlist for Sounds of Jazz on WBCX 89.1 FM for June 30,2007

Part of our "Straight Ahead Saturday Night" line-up.

Featuring "Sounds of Jazz" with Mark Dove from 6PM to 12PM

"Sounds of Jazz" features straight ahead jazz primarily from the 1950's to the present. The shows mission is to spread the awareness of some of the country's greatest music and to feature local area artists in the Atlanta and the Southeast area live in the studio in interview segments to spread the word about the artists.

Playlist for June 30,2007

Pianist Fred Hersch is my featured artist for this show - you'll have a chance to win the new CD by the Fred Hersch Trio "Night and the Music" sometime during this show. Joel Frahm's CD We Used to Dance is also up for grabs and tickets to the Will Scruggs Jazz Fellowship feat. Audrey Shakir show at Callanwolde could be yours also.

Hour 1

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Bemsha Swing" - Live at the Village Vanguard - (Palmetto)

JOEL FRAHM - "A Whole New You" - We Used to Dance - (Anzik)

WILL SCRUGGS - "The Voice" - Jazz Fellowship - (Indep)

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "So in Love" - Night and the Music - (Palmetto)

DAYNA STEPHENS - "Beginning of an Endless Happy Monday" - The Timeless Now - (CTA)

STAN BOCK ENSEMBLE - "Blues in B" - Your Check's In the Mail - (OA2)

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Phantom of the Bopera" - Live at the Village Vanguard - (Palmetto)

ANNE KERRY FORD - "Song of the Rhineland" - Weill - (Illyria)

VINCE NORMAN/JOE MCCARTHY BIG BAND - "Song of Capricorn" - Words Cannot Express - (OA2)

Hour 2

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Boo Boo's Birthday" - Night and the Music - (Palmetto)

SEATTLE WOMEN'S JAZZ ORCHESTRA - "The Checkered Demon" - Meeting of the Waters - (OA2)

BILL CHARLAP TRIO - "It's Only a Paper Moon" - Live at the Village Vanguard - (Blue Note)

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Swamp Thang" - Live at the Village Vanguard - (Palmetto)

ROBERT GLASPER - "Maiden Voyage/Everything In It's Right Place" - In My Element - (Blue Note)

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Change Partners" - Night and the Music - (Palmetto)

ALEXIS COLE - "Stompin' At the Savoy" - Zingaro - (Canopy Jazz)

HORACE SILVER - "Cool Eyes" - Retrospective - (Blue Note)

Hour 3

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "At the Close of the Day" - Live at the Village Vanguard - (Palmetto)

RON DISALVIO - "Crossing Lines" - Essence of Green - (Origin)

JOSHUA REDMAN - "Indian Song" - Back East - (Nonesuch)

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Rhythm Spirit" - Night and the Music - (Palmetto)

JIM PEARCE - "Cleebo's Samba" - Never Open With a Ballad - (Oak Ave)

GENE HARRIS - "Take the A Train" - Best of Concord Years - (Concord)

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Endless Stars" - Live at the Village Vanguard - (Palmetto)

ERNESTINE ANDERSON W/GENE HARRIS - "Never Make Your Move Too Soon" - I Love Being Here With You - (Concord)

Hour 4

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "How Deep Is the Ocean" - Night and the Music - (Palmetto)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Criss Cross" - Criss Cross - (Sony)

SCOTT HAMILTON - "Blues In My Heart" - After Hours - (Concord)

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Stuttering" - Live at the Village Vanguard - (Palmetto)

TONY MONACO - "Recordame" - East to West - (Chicken Coup)

DAVID FATHEAD NEWMAN - "Return to Paradise" - Chillin' - (Highnote)

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Heartland" - Night and the Music - (Palmetto)

KENNY BURRELL/JOHN COLTRANE - "Freight Train" - The Prestige Recordings - (Prestige)

ABBEY LINCOLN - "The World Is Falling Down" - Abbey Sings Abbey - (Verve)

Hour 5

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Days Gone By" - Live at the Village Vanguard - (Palmetto)

ALEXIS COLE - "I Thought About You" - Zingaro - (Canopy Jazz)

VINCE NORMAN/JOE MCCARTHY BIG BAND - "I Left My Baby in Baltimore" - Words Cannot Express - (OA2)

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Gravity's Pull" - Night and the Music - (Palmetto)

JOEL FRAHM - "Song for Abdullah" - We Used to Dance - (Anzik)

WES MONTGOMERY - "Stranger In Paradise" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Some Other Time" - Live At the Village Vanguard - (Palmetto)

CHET BAKER - "Russ Job" - The Pacific Jazz Years - (Pacific Jazz)

ROBERT GLASPER - "F.T.B." - In My Element - (Blue Note)

Hour 6

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Andrew John" - Night and the Music - (Palmetto)

THELONIOUS MONK - "Monk's Mood" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

BILL EVANS - "Funkalerro" - Complete Riverside Recordings - (Riverside)

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Misterioso" - Night and the Music - (Palmetto)

HORACE SILVER - "Blowin' The Blues Away" - Retrospective - (Blue Note)

RON DISALVIO - "Essence of Green" - Essence of Green - (Origin)

FRED HERSCH TRIO - "Miyako/Black Nile" - Live at the Village Vanguard - (Palmetto)

Comments, requests, suggestions?

Mark Dove

Producer/host - "Sounds of Jazz"

WBCX 89.1 FM