[JPL] One down

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Wed Jun 27 08:46:25 EDT 2007

In a message dated 6/27/2007 2:02:03 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
blaise.lantana at riomail.maricopa.edu writes:

<<..Jazz radio is fighting for it's life around the country,  especially on
npr/jazz stations..>>

Indeed, Jazz seems to be in a more perilous state on public radio stations
than on the commercial ones. That is, it's more common to see a decrease in
Jazz  programming on public stations these days. Why is this? Because there has
already been the shakeout among commercial stations, and so few are left? Or
is  there a genuine difference between the demographics of audiences?

I should think that programmers would love to have some insight on this. On
the other hand, my observation could be wrong.

Ed