[JPL] PLAYLIST: The Next Jazz America on VOA

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Jun 27 18:46:04 EDT 2007

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.
The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net and click on schedule in the left column to see the time it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.
Also, please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or communication you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b 259.new york, ny 10003
Email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #831...30 June-1 July 2007
NATALIE COLE…a tisket a tasket (we all love ella)
TOMMY FLANAGAN…woody n’ you (live in montreux ‘77)
*Steve Khan Interview
STEVE KHAN…hymn song (borrowed time)
SYLVAIN LUC…steppin’ out (joko)
DIANA KRALL…dream a little dream of me (we all love ella)
STEFON HARRIS…for him for her (evolution)
*Steve Khan Interview
STEVE KHAN…blues for ball (borrowed time)
McCOY TYNER…blue bossa (latin jazz all-stars)

JAZZ AMERICA...SHOW #832...30 June-1 July 2007
DIANNE REEVES…lady be good (we all love ella)
JOHN COLTRANE…giant steps (giant steps)
*Steve Khan Interview
STEVE KHAN…hymn song (borrowed time)
KEITH JARRETT…spiral dance (belonging)
ETTA JAMES…do nothing till you hear from me (we all love ella)
BILLY CHILDS …just another day (the child within)
*Steve Khan Interview
STEVE KHAN…el faquir (borrowed time)
ART PEPPER…smack up (smack up)

SHOWS #833-834...7-8 July 2007