[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Jazz Wednesday June 27

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Wed Jun 27 21:52:14 EDT 2007

Tonight's jazz playlit from WCVE Richmond VA, archived at
ideastations.org/radio. Please direct cd's for airplay consideration to
the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Wednesday June 27, 2007

(Mercer, Bloom) Day in Day out - This Time the Dream's on Me -Stan Levey -
Bethlehem - R2 76683

(Raye, DePaul) Star Eyes - Sonny Stitt: Just in Case You Forgot How bad He
Really Was - Sonny Stitt - 32Jazz - 32051

(Lawrence, Gross) Tenderly - Love Songs - Duke Ellington - Columbia/Legacy
- CK 85316

(Francisco Torres) Maceo's House - Raise Your Hand - Poncho Sanchez -
Concord Picante - CCD-30149

(Ertegun) Heartbreaker / (Lloyd Glen, Lowell Fulsom) Sinner's Prayer - The
Birth of Soul - Ray Charles - The Complete Atlantic Rhythm & Blues
Recordings 1952-1959 - Atlantic/Atco - 7 82310 2

(Don Patterson) Mellow Soul - I Ain't Looking at You - Alvin Queen -
Enja/Justin Time - JENJ-3329-2

(Roscoe Mitchell) Ornette - Sound - Roscoe Mitchell - Delmark - DE-408

(Enrico Pieranunzi) How Can You Not? - Live in Japan - Enrico Pieranunzi,
Marc Johnson, Joey Baron - Camjazz - 5023

8:01 NPR News

(Williams, Hickman) Rose Room / Lunceford, Moran) Stratosphere / (Oliver,
Lunceford, Moran) Dream of You / (Cahn, Chaplin) Rhythm Is Our Business  -
Stomp It off - The Jimmie Lunceford Orchestra - Decca Jazz - GRD-608

(Tom Harrell) Sunshine in the Rain - The Company I Keep - Art Farmer
-Arabesque Jazz - AJ 0112

(Jussi Lehtonen) The Ruler - Little Daddy's Blues - George Kontrafouris -
Chicken Coup Records - CCP 7005

(Morrie Louden) Gypsy's Journey - Time Piece - Morrie Louden - Mo Sound -
MSP-33366

(Vince Norman) Coming Home - Words Cannot Express - Vince Norman Joe
McCarthy Big Band - www.OA2records.com

(Jimmy Van Heusen, Johnny Mercer) I Thought about You - John Pisano's
Guitar Night - Mel Bay Records - MB 10412 CD
9:01 NPR News

The Wild Dog / Really Blue - Eddie Lang and Joe Venuti: The New York
Sessions 1930-1935 - JSP Records - JSP916D

(Jellyroll Morton) King Porter Stomp - The Essential Benny Goodman -
Bluebird/Legacy - 88697 09491 2

(Henry Nemo) Don't Take Your Love from Me - Stormy Weather - Lena Horne -
Bluebird - 9985-2-RB

(Cole Porter) You'd Be So Nice to Come Home to - Coleman Hawkins
Encounters Ben Webster - Verve - 314 521 427-2

(Jay Chattaway) Superbone Meets the Bad Man - The Essential Maynard
Ferguson - Columbia/Legacy - 88697 05164 2

(Horace Silver) Sayonara Blues - The Tokyo Blues - Horace Silver Quintet -
Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 53355 2 5

(Kenny Wheeler) Nicolette - Angel Song - Knny Wheeler, Lee Konitz. Dave
Hollnd, Bill Frisell - BMG Classics/ECM - 78118-21607-2

(Lee morgan) Cornbread - Cornbread - Lee Morgan - Blue Note - CDP 7 84222 2