[JPL] Songwriters Birthdays - July

Dick LaPalm dlpjazz at thegrid.net
Fri Jun 29 08:21:05 EDT 2007

SONGWRITERS BIRTHDAYS - JULY

July 4  (1889)   Joe Young    Lyrics:  I'm Sitting On Top of The World,
Was That The Human Thing To Do?, Lullaby of The Leaves

July 4  (1895)   Irving Caesar    Lyrics:  Sometimes I'm Happy, Tea For
Two, Crazy Rhythm, I Want To Be Happy, Is It True What They Say About
Dixie?

July 5  (1944)   Robbie Robertson  Music & Lyrics:    The Weight, Up On
Cripple Creek, The Night They Drove Old Dixie Down, It Makes No
Difference, Between Trains, The Moon Struck One, Broken Arrow

July 6  (1892)   Jack Yellen   Lyrics:     Are You Having Any Fun?,
Happy Days Are Here Again, Something I Dreamed Last Night, Ain't She Sweet

July 6  (1912)   Redd Evans   Music & Lyrics:    Don't Go To Strangers,
There I've Said It Again, No Moon At All, The Frim Fram Sauce

July 7  (1932)   Josef Zawinul   Music:   Mercy, Mercy, Mercy; Birdland

July 10 (1894)   Jimmy McHugh   Music:    It's A Most Unusual Day, I
Won't Dance, Sunny Side of The Street, Don't Blame Me, I'm In The Mood
For Love, Exactly Like You, How Blue The Night

July 10  (1900)   Mitchell Parish   Lyrics:     Star Dust, Deep Purple,
Sweet Lorraine, Does Your Heart Beat For Me, Stars Fell On Alabama,
Sophisticated Lady

July 10  (1933)   Jerry Herman      Music & Lyrics:    Hello Dolly,
Mame, If He Walked Into My Life, Look Over There

July 12  (1895)   Oscar Hammerstein   Lyrics:    It Might As Well Be
Spring, The Folks Who Live On The Hill, People Will Say We're In Love,
The Gentleman Is A Dope, All The Things You Are, I'll Take Romance,
Hello Young Lovers, All In Fun, Why Was I Born?, The Song Is You, If I
Loved You

July 14  (1894)   Ted Koehler   Lyrics:    Let's Fall In Love, I've Got
The World On a String, Don't Worry 'Bout Me, Stormy Weather, When The
Sun Comes Out, Wrap Your Troubles In Dreams, Ill Wind

July 14  (1909)   Walter Gross   Music:   Tenderly

July 14  (1912)   Woody Guthrie    Music & Lyrics:    This Land Is Your
Land, So Long (It's Been Good To Know Yuh)

July 15  (1905)   Dorothy Fields   Lyrics:   Pick Yourself Up, I Can't
Give You Anything But Love, The Way You Look Tonight, Remind Me, Don't
Blame Me, A Fine Romance, Hooray For Love

July 26  (1914)   Ralph Blane   Music & Lyrics:    The Trolley Song, The
Boy Next Door, An Occasional Man, Ev'ry Time

July 29  (1887)   Sigmund Romberg    Music:   Close As Pages In A Book,
Lover Come Back To Me, The Night Is Young, Softly As In A Morning Sunrise

July 30  (1941)   Paul Anka    Lyrics:  My Way   Music & Lyrics:   Crazy
Love, Diana, Love Makes The World Go 'Round

July 31  (1919)   David Saxon   Music:    Vagabond Shoes, There Must Be
a Way, Are These Really Mine, There'll Soon Be a Rainbow

Warm wishes,
Dick LaPalm