[JPL] Dobbin's Den # 634 July 1, 2007

Len Dobbin lendobbin at sympatico.ca
Fri Jun 29 08:37:53 EDT 2007

BACKGROUND TO EDITION 634

ON TODAY'S SHOW WE FOCUS ON THE 2007 MONTREAL INTERNATIONAL JAZZ FESTIVAL AS WELL AS HEARING SOME MUSIC FROM THIS DAY IN HISTORY.
DOBBIN'S DEN [#634]

Produced and hosted by Len Dobbin
11am - 1pm   CKUT 90.3 fm
www.ckut.ca    [And archived at that address]
Montreal, Quebec, Canada.
July 1, 2007

LARRY HAM

CAROUSEL [WEST VILLAGE MUSIC]

Softly As In A Morning Sunrise

DUKE ELLINGTON (July 1, 1952)

ELLINGTON UPTOWN [COLUMBIA]

Perdido

TOMMY DORSEY - FRANK SINATRA (July 1, 1942)

I'LL BE SEEING YOU [RCA]

Daybreak

MELISSA WALKER (July 1, 1997)

MAY I FEEL [ENJA]

The Old Country

ERIC HARDING

CAPELTON ROAD [XXI - 21 RECORDS]

*Byrdlike

DOROTHEE BERRYMAN

DOROTHEE BERRYMAN [GUY CLOUTIER]

*Me, Myself and I

P.S. I LOVE YOU [LA FACTRIE]

*Everything I've Got

JODI PROZNICK

FOUNDATIONS [CELLAR LIVE]

*R.B.'s Line

ESPERANZA SPALDING

JUNJO [AYVA]

Humpty Dumpty

BRANDI DISTERHEFT

DEBUT [SUPERIOR RECORDS]

*Duke's Dead

KURT ELLING

NIGHTMOVES [CONCORD]

I Like The Sunrise

DIZZY GILLESPIE ALL-STAR ALUMNI BAND (ROBERTA GAMBARINI)

DIZZY'S BUSINESS [MANCHESTER CRAFTSMAN]

Stardust

FREDDY COLE

BECAUSE OF YOU [HIGH NOTE]

I Got Lost In Her Arms

DAVE TURNER

EARTH TONES [ELEPHANT]

*Fortitude and Self-Denial

ALVIN QUEEN

I AIN'T LOOKING AT YOU [JUSTIN TIME / ENJA]

Queen's Beat

MARK MURPHY

LOVE IS WHAT STAYS [VERVE]

My Foolish Heart

ROBERTA GAMBARINI

EASY TO LOVE [GROOVIN' HIGH]

Only Trust Your Heart

Canadian content (*) 6 of 17

LEN DOBBIN

271 EMPIRE STREET

GREENFIELD PARK, QUEBEC

J4V 1V1

CANADA

(Please note that:

MATERIAL MEANT FOR THE DOROTHEE BERRYMAN SHOWS CAN ALSO BE SENT TO THE SAME ADDRESS AS I AM ALSO HER RESEARCHER.)