[JPL] Playlist WCVE-FM Richmond Friday Jne 29 2007

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Jun 29 21:37:59 EDT 2007

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday June 29, 2007

(Bennie Harri) Reets and I / (Powell) Audrey / (Powell) Glass Enclosure -
The Amazing Bud Powell Volume 2 - Blue Note - CDP 7 81504 2

(Fields, Hammerstein, Harbach, Kern, McHugh) I Won't Dance - Portrait of
Marion McPartland - Marion McPartland - Concord - CCD-4101

(Rufus Reid) Dreamgliding - Rufus Reid Quintet Live at the Kennedy Center
- Motema Records - MTM-0009

(Wayne Shorter) Playground - Schizophrenia - Wayne Shorter - Blue Note -
CDP 7243 8 32096 2 0

(Gene Bertoncini) For Chet - Floating on the Silence - Gene Bertoncini -
Summit records - DCD 479

(Harold Arlen) This Time the Dream's on Me - Dream Dancing - Jimmy Knepper
- Criss Cros Jazz - 1024 CD

(Charlie Parker) Anthropology - Art Pepper + Eleven - Contemporary Records
- OJCCD-341-2

(George and Ira Gershwin) Blah Blah Blah - Chris Connor Sings the George
Gershwin Almanac of Song - Chris Connor - Atlantic Jazz - 601-2

(Pamela York) Friends of Childhood - The Way of Time - Pamela York -
Jazzful Heart Music - JHM080601

8:01 NPR News

(Mike LeDonne) Queen's Beat - I Ain't Looking at You - Alvin Queen -
Enja/Justin Time - JENJ 3329

(McGuinness) The Tricksters - First Flight - Pete McGuinness - Summitt
Records - DCD 481

(Brian Jones) Graze - Lux - Brian Jones Guitar Quartet -
www.slangsanctuary.com

(Donny McCaslin) Descarga - In Pursuit - Donny McCaslin - Sunnyside

(Redd Evans, Dave Mann) No Moon at All - New Wonderland: The Best of Jeri
Brown - Justin Time - JUST-223-2

(George Benson) I Don't Know - The New Boss Guitar of George Benson -
Prestige - OJCCD-461-2
(Bienvenito Julian Guttierez) Donde Va Chichi - Raise Your Hand - Poncho
Sanchez - Concord Picante - CCD-30149

(Don Friedman) Theme for Cee Tee - Waltz for Marilyn - Jazz excursion -
JEX-110

9:01 NPR News

(Grachan Moncur III) Riff Raff - Destination out - Jackie McLean - Blue
Note - CDP 7243 8 32087 2  2

(Paz Miranda, Florian Weber) Hojas Marchitas - Minsarah - Florian Weber -
Enja/Justin Time - JENJ-3326-2

(Reinhardt) Nuages - Django Reinhardt and the Hot Club of France - JSP
Records - JSPCD 904B

(Hoagy Carmichael and Johnny Mercer) Moon Country - Tommy Dorsey: The
Sentimental Gentleman of Swing - Bluebird/Legacy - 828767111672

(Arlen, Koehler) Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea - The Noble Art
of Teddy Wilson - ASV/Living Era - CD AJA 5450

(Cole Porter) Get out of Town - Artie Shaw: Self Portrait - Bluebird/BMG
-09026-63808-2

(Herb Ellis) Pap's Blues - Nothing But the Blues - Herb Ellis - Verve -
314 521 674-2

(D. Douglas) You Gave Me Everything But Music - In a Grand Style - Charles
Brown - Bullseye Blues & Jazz - 11661-9551-2

(Iham Jones, Gus Kahn) It Had to Be You - Jazz Alive/A Night at the Half
Note - Zoot Sims - Blue Note - CDP 7243 4 94105 2 7