[JPL] PLAYLIST: JzFmS4, WGBH Boston 6/29/07

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Jun 30 00:10:55 EDT 2007

Jazz from Studio Four
Friday, June 29, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

THE MUSIC OF RICHARD RODGERS (b. June 28, 1902)
Also TIERNEY SUTTON (b. June 28, 1963)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Tierney Sutton: Spring is Here, Unsung Heroes (Telarc)
Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers: Blue Moon, Three Blind Mice (Blue Note)
Frank Morgan; featuring Abbey Lincoln: Ten Cents A Dance,
We'll Have Manhattan (Verve)

8:29pm
Sonny Clark: I Didn't Know What Time It Was, Sonny Clark Trio (Blue Note)
Bill Charlap: The Lady is A Tramp, Live at The Village Vanguard (Blue Note)
Horace Silver: Thou Swell, Horace Silver Trio (Blue Note)
Gil Evans: Nobody's Heart, Plus Ten (Prestige)

8:50pm
John Coltrane; featuring Johnny Hartman: You Are Too Beautiful, John
Coltrane and Johnny Hartman (Impulse)
Ray Charles: Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin',
Ray Charles Standards (Rhino Records)
Andy Bey: Little Girl Blue, Tuesdays in Chinatown (NCoded Music)
Houston Person: There's A Small Hotel, Person-ified (HighNote)

9:14pm
Tierney Sutton: Where or When, Dancing in The Dark (Telarc)
Tierney Sutton: People Wll Say We're in Love, I'm With The Band (Telarc)
Tierney Sutton: Glad to Be Unhappy, On The Other Side (Telarc)
Miles Davis: Surry With the Fringe On Top, Miles Davis Quintet (Prestige)

9:37pm
Clifford Brown; Max Roach: Where or When,
Clifford Brown With Strings (Emarcy)
Max Roach; Sonny Rollins: Lover, Jazz in 3/4 Time (Mercury)
Stan Getz; JJ Johnson: My Funny Valentine, At the Opera House (Verve)

9:57pm
George Russell: Manhattan, New York NY (Impulse)
Kenny Werner: With A Song in My Heart, Beauty Secrets (RCA Victor/BMG)

10:18pm
Ernie Andrews: It Might As Well Be Spring, Girl Talk (HighNote)
Rebecca Martin: The Sweetest Sounds, Middlehope (Fresh Sounds)
Paul Motian: Blue Room, Flight of The Blue Jay (Winter & Winter)

10:39pm
Tierney Sutton: You're Nearer; It Never Entered My Mind; My Heart Stood
Still, Introducing Tierney Sutton (A Records)
Pete Jolly: Younger Than Springtime,
The Route: Chet Baker and Art Pepper (Pacific Jazz)

10:57pm
Regina Carter: You Took Advantage of Me, I'll Be Seeing You (Verve)
Ruby Braff; Ellis Larkins: Mountain Greenery, Two by Two (Vanguard)
Sonny Rollins: We Kiss in A Shadow, East Broadway Rundown (Impulse)
Bill Evans: My Romance, The Paris Concert Edition One (Blue Note)

11:24pm
Etta Jones: My Romance, Doin' What She Does Best (32 Jazz)
Stacey Kent: Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered, In Love Again (Candid)
Helen Merrill: Falling in Love With Love, Helen Merrill (EmArcy)
Tierney Sutton: Happy Talk, On The Other Side (Telarc)
John Coltrane: Do I Love You Becaue You're Beautiful,
The Believer (Prestige)
Tierney Sutton: If I Loved You, I'm With The Band (Telarc)

11:52pm
McCoy Tyner: My Favorite Things, Echoes of A Friend (Milestone)