[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Jazz Fri 3-02

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Fri Mar 2 21:53:02 EST 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM, archived at ideastations.org/radio.
please direct cd's for airplay consideration to  the
address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Friday March 2, 2007

(Hank Mobley) Wailin' with Hank - Farmer's Market - Art Farmer - New Jazz
- OJCCD-398-2

(Gerry Mulligan) E-Lag - Oscar Pettiford Sextet - BMG Classics/Vogue -
74321-40945-2

(Lee Morgan) Ceora - Joey Defrancesco Live: The Authorized Bootleg - Joey
defrancesco with George Coleman - Concord Jazz - CCD-30123-2

(Ray Noble) Cherokee - Sophisticated Lady - Ella Fitzgerald & Joe Pass -
Pablo - PACD-5310-2

(Harold Arlen, Ted Koehler) Let's Fall in Love - The Complete Ella
Fitzgerald Song Books - Verve - 314 519 832-2

(Ellington, Strayhorn) Day Dream - Pete Christlieb with the Lori Mechem
Quartet Live at the Jazz Cave - Cognito Music

(Jerome Kern, Johnny Mercer) I'm Old Fashioned - Eternal Licks & Grooves -
The Bob Florence Limited Edition - Mama records - 1030

8:01 NPR News

(Chris Washburne) Land of Nod  - Land of Nod - Chris Washburne - Jazzheads
- JH150

(Romberg and Hemmerstein) Softly as in a Morning Sunrise - Carousel -
Larry Ham - www.larryham.com

(Lee Morgan) Our Man Higgins - Cornbread - Lee Morgan - Bloue Note - CDP 7
84222 2

(A. Johnston, S. Coslow) Just One More Chance - Jazz Profile: Dinah
Washington - Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 54907 2 9

(Lew Pollack) That's a Plenty / (A.J. Piron) I Wish I Could Shimmy Like My
Sister Kate - Wild Bill Davison: The Commodore Master Takes - Commodore -
CMD-405

(James P Johnson) Snowy Morning Blues - Snowy Morning Blues - James P
Johnson - Decca Jazz - GRD-604

(Antonio Carlos Jobim) Un Grand Amor - Stan Getz Quartet Live in Paris -
Dreyfus Jazz - FDM 36577-2

(F. Henderson, M. Dixon) Bye Bye Blackbird - Miles Davis & Thelonious Monk
Live at Newport 1958 & 1963 - Columbia/Legacy - C2K 53585

(Frank Loesser) My Darling, My Darling - Sarah Vaughan Sings Broadway:
Great Songs from Hit Shows - Verve - 314 528 464-2

(Benny Carter) Easy Money - Another Time, Another Place - Ira Nepus &
Steve Moore - Jazzed Media - JM 1016

9:01 NPR News

(Billy Strayhorn, arrangement by John D'earth) Graffiti on the A Train -
Spanning Time - The Free Bridge Quintet - Rotunda Records

(Greg Chako) Wave of Love - Where We Find Ourselves - Greg Chako - Chako
Productions - CP-88-6

(Don Patterson) Freddie Tooks Jr. - Just Friends - Don Patterson -
Prestige - PRCD-24237-2

(Kenny Dorham) Lotus Blossum - Steve Kuhn Trio Live at Birdland - Blue
Note - 0946 3 72992 2 7

(George Bass) See Line Woman - Feeling Good - Randy Crawford and Joe
Sample - PRA-60207-2

(Ralph Rainger, Leo Robin) If I Should Lose You - What's up? The Very Tall
Band - Oscar Peterson, Ray Brown and Milt Jackson - Telarc Records -
CD-83663

(Cedar Walton) Shaky Jake - Buhaina's Delight - Art Blakey - Blue Note -
CDP 7 84104 2

(Ray Noble) The Touch of Your Lips -Alone (Again) - Bill Evans - Fantasy -
OJCCD-795-2