[JPL] Playlist: JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 3/2/07

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Fri Mar 2 23:57:37 EST 2007

JAZZ FROM STUDIO FOUR
Friday, March 2, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7 Boston

SPECIAL FEATURE:
EDDIE "LOCKJAW" DAVIS (b. 3/2/1922)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Doug Watkins (b. 3/2/1934): Doug's Blues,
The Transition Sessions (Blue Note)

8:22pm
David "Fathead" Newman: Life (comp. John Hicks), Life (HighNote)
The Stryker/Slagle Band: Dear Mr. Hicks, Latest Outlook (Zoho)
John Hicks: Sunset Blues, Sweet Love of Mine (HighNote)

8:47pm
Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis: The Good Life, Straight Ahead (Pablo)
Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis: Stolen Moments, Trane Whistle (Prestige)
Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis: You Stepped Out of A Dream,
The Heavy Hitter (32 Jazz)

9:07pm
Jason Palmer Sextet: The Bullfight; One for J Mac; Laid Up,
Live from WGBH-FM Studio One (recorded 2/27/07) (ONLY ON 89.7FM)

9:28pm
Tierney Sutton: Glad to Be Unhappy (Rodgers), On The Other Side (Telarc)
Helen Sung: Where or When (Rodgers), Helenistique (Fresh Sounds)
Stacey Kent: Cockeyed Optimist (Rodgers), The Lyric (O+Music)
Alan Broadbent: Spring is Here (Rodgers),
Everytime I Think of You (Artistry Music)

9:48pm
Cootie Williams; featuring Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis 1944: Talk A Little Trash;
I Don't Know; My Old Flame; Echoes of Harlem,
Cootie Williams Sextet & Big Band (Jazz Archive)

10:06pm
Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis: Talk of The Town; I'll Remember April; You Go To My
Head; Johnny Come Lately, Modern Jazz by Eddie Davis (King Records)

10:20pm
Dianne Reeves: My Little Brown Book, Billy Strayhorn: Lush Life (Blue Note)
Steve Davis: Day Dream, Update (Criss Cross)
Joris Teepe; Gronigen Art Ensemble: Blood Count,
Jazz In Jazz Out (Planet Arts)
Stefon Harris: Thanks for the Beautiful Land on the Delta,
African Tarentella (Blue Note)

10:45pm
Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis; Johnny Griffin: Nice and Easy,
Blues Up and Down 1961 (Milestone)
Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis; Johnny Griffin: Call it What You Wanna ,
Tough Tenors Back Again 1984 (Storyville)

11:06pm
Steve Kuhn: Confirmation (C. Parker), Live at Birdland (Blue Note)
Gil Goldstein: Donna Lee (C. Parker), Under Rousseau's Moon (Half Note)
Hank Jones & Frank Wess: Barbados(C. Parker), Hank & Frank (Lineage Records)

11:25pm
Count Basie; featuring Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis: Jack and Jill; Bread; Paradise
Squat; Blee Blop Blues, Count Basie 1952 (Classics)

11:40pm
Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis: Sweet and Lovely; Bewitched; Blues in My Heart;
There's No You, Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis 1948-1952 (Classics)
Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis: We'll Be Together Again, Gentle Jaws (Prestige)

11:55pm
Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis: Body and Soul, The Best of Eddie "Lockjaw" Davis
(Prestige)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.