[JPL] Wynton/ ABC "This Week

Laffinred at aol.com Laffinred at aol.com
Sun Mar 4 09:50:20 EST 2007

In a message dated 03/03/2007 9:30:57 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
ftapache1 at sbcglobal.net writes:

It will  take someone outside of the jazz world to get this boulder rolling
back  into the consciousness of mainstream America because jazz is not as
popular in mainstream America as we think it is or would like it to  be

Considering the job ahead, promoting jazz to the mainstream America,  you
probably need a village...its too big a job for one person to tackle. Could  be
we need an icon for each generation:

Larry King for "seniors"

Bill Clinton for "boomers"

Spike Lee for "gen xers"

Leonardo DeCapria for "everyone"

Somewhere along the way we dropped the torch..it will take a lot of light,
from many sources to rekindle the fire......

staying tuned,
reebs
http://www.aol.com.