[JPL] Jazz Rendezvous Playlist

Eric Alan at Jazz Rendezvous eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za
Mon Mar 5 02:11:47 EST 2007

PRS/SAMRO MUSIC LOG
Program Title: JAZZ RENDEZVOUS on RADIO 2000
Presenter: ERIC ALAN
Date: SUNDAY MARCH 04TH, 2007
Time: 17h00 to 20h00

ALBUM TITLE --- TITLE --- ARTIST --- RECORD COMPANY - S.A. MUSIC

Jazz Rend Show Intro / Outro --- Rise and Shine --- Gary Deacon --- Demo ---
S.A. MUSIC

The Journey Volume 1 --- Mo's Journey --- Moreira Project --- Morestar ---
S.A. MUSIC
Goodbye Loneliness --- Uthando Luphelile --- Mimi Ntenjwa --- Demo --- S.A.
MUSIC

INTERVIEW 1 - Dr Mike Rossi - Jazz Educator - Recording Artist - Chat to a
music personality
Mike Rossi Demo --- Yearning --- Mike Rossi --- Demo --- S.A. MUSIC
INTERVIEW 2 - Dr Mike Rossi - Jazz Educator - Recording Artist - Chat to a
music personality
Mike Rossi Demo --- Hello From Down Under --- Mike Rossi --- Demo --- S.A.
MUSIC
What's Up --- Squatty Roo --- The Very Tall Band Oscar Peterson, Ray Brown &
Milt Jackson --- Telarc Jazz

LIVE ENTERTAINMENT GIG GUIDE - Selected gig guide from the various centre's
around the country where jazz is on the menu - Who's playing where and
what's around the country
Afraid of Heights --- Autumn Leaves --- Leonisa Ardizzone Quartet ---
Ardijenn Music
Khululeka --- Woza Kim --- Khaya Mahlangu --- Chissa Records --- S.A. MUSIC

MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT NEWS OF THE DAY - Jazz and other items of music news
that will be of interest to the listener
Summer Me, Winter Me --- You Must Believe In Spring --- Jan Eisen --- One
Take Productions
Impressions --- Samia --- East Coast Standards Time --- Altru Music

BILLBOARD TOP 15 JAZZ CHARTS - What's new on the Billboard Sales Charts -
countdown of the Billboard Top 10 Jazz Albums - From
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Top+Jazz+
Albums
On The Other Side --- Happy Days Are Here Again (Version 1) --- Tierney
Sutton --- Telarc Jazz
Caught In the Act --- The More I See You --- Michael Buble --- Gallo

LIVE ENTERTAINMENT GIG GUIDE - Selected gig guide from the various centre's
around the country where jazz is on the menu
Feeling Good --- Everybody's Talkin' --- Randy Crawford & Joe Sample --- PRA
Records

BIRTHDAY BOOK - Selected celebratory birthdays for the week ahead
Reflections --- I Shall Sing --- Miriam Makeba --- Heads Up Gallo--- S.A.
MUSIC

INTERVIEW 1 - Bruce Muirhead - Guitarist Band Leader - Chat to a music
personality
Bruce Muirhead Demo --- The Simions --- Bruce Muirhead Group --- Demo ---
S.A. MUSIC
INTERVIEW 2 - Bruce Muirhead - Guitarist Band Leader -Chat to a music
personality
Bruce Muirhead Demo --- Micky Mode --- Bruce Muirhead Group --- Demo ---
S.A. MUSIC

BLUES BREAK - A couple of Blues tunes back to back
Diamond Days --- Destiny Blues --- Eric Bibb --- Telarc Blues
Definition of a Circle --- Black's Mandolin Boogie --- Otis Taylor ---
Telarc Blues

LIVE ENTERTAINMENT GIG GUIDE - Selected gig guide from the various centre's
around the country where jazz is on the menu
Vivid Africa --- Rasta of the Burning Sands --- McCoy Mrubata & Greg
Hadjiyorki Georgiades --- Melt 2000 --- S.A. MUSIC

BIG BAND BREAK - Big band double play
A Portrait Of Glenn Miller --- Tuxedo Junction --- The Glenn Miller
Orchestra - South Africa --- Jonny Cooper --- S.A. MUSIC
Hot Swing, Cool Jazz --- Something's Gotta Give --- Nancy Osborne --- Nancy
Osborne

BILLBOARD TOP 15 CONTEMPORARY JAZZ CHARTS - What's new on the Billboard
Sales Charts Top 15 Contemporary Jazz Albums - countdown of the Billboard
Top 10 Contemporary Jazz Albums - From
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/charts/chart_display.jsp?g=Albums&f=Top+Conte
mporary+Jazz
Catching Tales --- Our Day Will Come --- Jamie Cullum --- Universal
At The Movies --- As Time Goes By --- David Koz --- Capitol Records

PLAYBACK FROM WAYBACK - Guess who the singer is? - A song from way back
along the tracks of time
The Very Best of the Manhattan Brothers --- Be My Guest --- The Manhattan
Brothers --- Gallo --- S.A. MUSIC

QUOTATION OF THE DAY - A quotation by a well-know celebrity A quotation from
the lips of well-known musicians Here's our musical quotation and we'd like
to know who said it, If you know who said it call me on with your answer.
I'll tell you who it was at the end of the program
A Reason For Being Alone --- Blues on Thursday --- The Alex Levin Trio ---
Apology Records

LIVE ENTERTAINMENT GIG GUIDE - Selected gig guide from the various centre's
around the country where jazz is on the menu - Who's playing where and
what's around the country
Everything I Love --- Malaika (My Angel) --- Natascha Roth & James
Scholfield --- Hopper --- S.A. MUSIC

INTERVIEW 1 - Tina Schouw - Songwriter - Singer - Actress & Malika Ndlovu -
Poet - Singer - Actress Chat to a music personalities
A LITTLE BITTY LIVE CONCERT/MUSIC - live concert performance in the Studio
Sung Live In Studio --- This Morning Is New --- Tina Schouw & Malika Ndlovu
--- Sung Live in studio --- S.A. MUSIC
INTERVIEW 2 - Tina Schouw - Songwriter - Singer - Actress & Malika Ndlovu -
Poet - Singer - Actress Chat to a music personalities
Collaborations --- There Is No Greater Love --- Tina Schouw --- Demo ---
S.A. MUSIC

JAZZWEEK RADIO PLAY TOP 50 JAZZ CHARTS - What's new on the JazzWeek Radio
Play Top 50 Jazz Albums - The Jazzweek Radio Play Chart of the Week -
countdown of the Top 10 Reprinted from JazzWeek -
http://www.jazzweek.com/chart/jazzchart.html
Keep Searchin' --- Thandiwa --- Steve Turre --- High Note Records
Last First Kiss --- Kiss --- Tony DeSare --- Telarc Jazz

BEYOND SONG/TUNE OR THE DAY - Great songs or tunes that are not or have no
jazz influence thus cannot be called jazz, but are really great pieces of
music that deserve wider airplay
>From My Heart --- Campi D'Oro (Fields of Gold) --- Giorgia Fumanti --- EMI

LIVE ENTERTAINMENT GIG GUIDE - Selected gig guide from the various centre's
around the country where jazz is on the menu - Who's playing where and
what's around the country
Givin' It Up --- Breezin' --- George Benson & Al Jarreau --- Concord Music
Group

THE WEEK THAT WAS - Useless trivia you just need to know
Earthworks Underground Orchestra --- Libreville --- Bill Bruford & Tim
Garland --- Summerfold Records

TODAY'S RANDOM THOUGHT of the DAY
Kantaloop 2006 --- Barbados --- Jack van Poll --- Indian Caps

CHART TOPPERS ON THIS DAY - Some of those tunes and songs that hit the top
of the charts on this day
Hiromi's Sonic Boom Time Control --- Deep Into The Night --- Hiromi ---
Telarc Jazz

THIS DAY in MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT HISTORY - Items of interest on this day in
history
Judgment Day - Vol 1 --- Sidewalks in Motion --- Rashied Ali Quintet ---
Survival Records

Knoxville Jazz for Peace --- Swing Low Sweet Chariot --- Jonathan Blanchard
--- Altru Music
Bird In Hand (Live) --- Back Home Blues --- Harold Jefta with Walter Bishop
Jnr, Akira Tana, John Dudley & Tom Kirkpatrick --- Demo --- S.A. MUSIC

See it . with your own ears

Yours in Music

Eric Alan

RADIO SHOW HOST of ERIC ALAN'S JAZZ RENDEZVOUS on Radio 2000 - 92 to 100 fm
Sundays from 17h00 to 20h00
 (Please note that if there is a sports event on the day then the show will
start an hour later)
WEBSITE EDITOR, MUSIC JOURNALIST, BROADCASTER, Jazz, Music & Cultural
Consultant
Editor: JAZZ RENDEZVOUS website: www.jazzrendezvous.co.za
Founding Member: Western Cape Musicians Association
Member: SAJE (South African Jazz Educators Association) and IAJE
(International Association for Jazz Education)
Master of Ceremonies: Cape Town International Jazz Festival and the Cape
Town Jazzathon and Athlone Academy of Music Festival
Contributor and CD Reviewer to various publications around Cape Town
Jazz Consultant to Hans Kramer's World of Music Claremont Cape Town
Postal Address: Postnet Suite 261, Private Bag X16, Constantia, 7848. Cape
Town, South Africa
Phone Mobil:                                                      	00 -
(0)21- (0)82 - 456 - 2195
Phone Office:                                                        00 -
(0)21- 683 - 9845
Phone Hans Kramer World of Music:              	00 - (0)21- 674 - 0059
Skype:
ericalan2
Email:
editor at jazzrendezvous.co.za
Email Private:
eric at jazzrendezvous.co.za

When in Cape Town visit Hans Kramer's World of Music for the widest
selection of classical and jazz CD's and DVD's available. If we don't have
it we'll get it if it's available anywhere in the world.

Visit us at Shop no 4, Grove Building, Grove Avenue, Claremont Cape Town
Call us on 00 (0)21 674 0059

#

Disclaimer:

The information contained in this message and or attachments is intended
this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is
delete the material from any system and destroy any copies.