[JPL] Wynton/ ABC "This Week

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 09:47:54 EST 2007

In a message dated 3/5/2007 9:05:11 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
rick at rickmclaughlin.com writes:

What  about the AACM cats, or Europeans?  What about Ornette - even with  his
"interesting" approach to interviews?

The general media don't want that "interesting" approach, they want glib,
succinct, informed. Free-form narrative ain't for them.

As for Diana Krall, what's wrong with having someone with camera-appeal? My
guess is that she'd be very articulate on Jazz past and present, regardless of
 whether you like her repertoire or presentation of it. And if good looks and
 articulateness (?) get Jazz on the air and more people hearing what the
spokesperson has to say, hey, what's wrong with that?

Personally, give me Laurence Fishburne or Bill Cosby. But I'm just saying  DK
wouldn't be half bad.

Ed

http://www.aol.com.