[JPL] Re: another musical style in trouble?

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Mon Mar 5 12:08:33 EST 2007

Jim posted <<<
Jazz sales may be low and declining, but sales of another kind of music
is declining faster.
According to an AP article in today's Seattle Times, "rap music is
struggling with an alarming sales decline and growing criticism from
within about the culture's negative effect on society."    Rapper Nas
has titled his latest album "Hip-Hop is Dead"  and although music sales
are down overall, rap sales slid 21% from 2005 to 2006.  >>>

This is great news, I hope rap dies so that hip-hop can return. For the
uninitiated rap and hip hop are not interchangeable, they are 2 different
branches of music with a common ancestor.  I enjoy hip hop and despise rap.

Arturo