[JPL] Re: Milwaukee loses both jazz stations

Basso at aol.com Basso at aol.com
Mon Mar 5 16:00:25 EST 2007

Doug posted an article that includes <<<< A week after  traditional jazz
formally left Milwaukee radio, "smooth" jazz disappears  today in a format
tweak at WJZI-FM (93.3).>>>

Despite not  liking the music played on smooth formats, I like the idea of
smooth outlets  dropping jazz, not because I feel it is barrier but because
it is a  misrepresentation and hurts jazz. I have always called those formats
smooth  stations.

Arturo

Personally, I LIKE those stations because they 'introduce'  many people to
the world of Jazz  (lite)
Where else would they hear Wes Montgomery or Lou Rawls during the  day?

I've heard many people remark   (including my secretary)  say   "I didn't
know jazz was listenable."
Too many people think of  jazz as the be bop era with endless solos and
non-melodic (hum-able)  lines.
These stations can be equated to   'Jazz 101'. or 'Intro to  Jazz'
Joe in Detroit.

What you do today is important because you are exchanging a day  of your life
for it. Make it a good one!
http://www.aol.com.