[JPL] SICK OF MARSALIS!

Ross Gentile standardsinjazz at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:26:45 EST 2007

   Are  there  any  other  DJ's and PD's as sick as I am of hearing about
   what Wynton Marsalis thinks!?
   He  no  more speaks for jazz than Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson speaks
   for the black community.
   Wynton  Marsalis  has  not  had  a playable CD in years!  Almost every
   national  jazz  musician  that  comes  thru  our  studios  are  always
   complaining  to  me (off the air and off the record) how much he hates
   white  musicians.   He  totally  ruined Ken Burns documentary with his
   white  hate  speech  and imput to the production.  Now PBS is going to
   reward  him  again  by  having  imput to a new special airing in March
   called  "The  Soundies".  I  received  a screener on this program last
   week....WYNTON  MARSALIS  ADDS  NOTHING TO THE DOCUMENTARY!  I HAVE NO
   IDEA WHY HE IS EVEN INVOLVED IN IT!  He is not even considered a great
   jazz  trumpet player by his peers.  Wynton, do us all a favor, shut up
   and  play the horn and start making CD's that  Jazz radio can play and
   people can enjoy!

   Ross Gentile
   "Standards In Jazz"

   [1]Mortgage  rates as low as 4.625% - Refinance $150,000 loan for $579
   a month. Intro*Terms