[JPL] SICK OF MARSALIS!

Bob Stockton drbob at modernjazzclassics.com
Mon Mar 5 19:21:09 EST 2007

Good news and bad news (subjectively speaking). After nine years of digging
into my pocket for literally thousands of dollars to keep the syndication
going, and after 7 years of a free ride from PS Studios, I have decided to
fold my tent and accept the inevitable. the only right wing neocon that
loves jazz has thrown in the towel and we will no longer provide MJC
programming to our affiliates (they are free to access our "archives" page
on the website to use past programming). we had good feedback from our
affiliates, but no support, either in subscription form or web banner
advertising.
I guess the final blow was the total indifference to our Count Basie launch.
Although this was a well researched - and inexpensive project - it met with
virtually no interest. That was more painful than my 2004 bypass surgery.

I suppose the above was the bad news, at least from my standpoint. The good
news is that I have: 1) received a thumbs up from oncology. The prostate
cancer has gone away and I don't have to return for another year (guys over
50, get that PSA and finger wave), and I just took delivery on a 2006
Kawasaki  1000 sport touring bike. I'll be heading to New Hope, Pa. for my
50th high school reunion (yes, it's [possible for a neocon to have gone to
school in New Hope) and a summer ride to Dallas to visit some family on this
great bike.

I wish you all a long and prosperous existence, and leave one final thought
for Wynton: You are NOT the messiah. Shut up and play.

Bob "Dr." Bob Stockton, Host/Producer
Modern Jazz Classics/The Kid From Red Bank
(904) 910-3475 (904) 866-8177 Fax
http://www.modernjazzclassics.com
http://www.kidbasie.com
Good news -Delivered to: drbob at modernjazzclassics.com