[JPL] Jazz RADIO

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Tue Mar 6 18:29:00 EST 2007

Ah, yes, and Clint Eastwood was at that little station in Carmel, and
that crazy chick kept calling up and requesting  "Misty".     see:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Play_Misty_for_Me

Yes, my friends from the Eastern provinces, there were actually jazz
radio shows outside of Boston, New York and Philly.  Back in the middle
of the last century, people like Dave Garroway & Daddy O in Chicago,
Dick Martin in New Orleans, Johnny Holiday in Little Rock, Jimmy Lyons
in San Francisco, Sleepy Stein & Chuck Niles in L.A. and others who
turned on legions of people to the joys of jazz at night.  Not to
mention the world famous KJAZ in San Francisco (Almeida) from
1959-1994, one of the great jazz radio stations of all time (John
Rogers, Stan Dunn, Herb Wong,Tim Hodges).

Jim