[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Richmond VA Tuesday March 6

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Mar 6 21:50:20 EST 2007

Tonight's playlist from WCVE-FM in Richmond VA. Archived at
ideastations.org/radio.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday March 7, 2007

(Steve Davis) Prayer for New Orleans - Blue Fable - Larry Willis - High
Note - HCD 7163

(Larry Young) Backup - Into Somethin' - Larry Young - Blue Note - CDP 7243
8 21734 2 7

(Sonny Rollins) Oleo - Contemporary Original Jazz Classics Sampler -
Phineas Newborn, Jr. - OJCCD-3701-2

(Rodgers and Hart) Glad to Be Unhappy - On the Other Side - Tierney Sutton
- Telarc Jazz - CD-83650

(Chris Washburne) Op Ed - Land of Nod - Chris Washburne - Jazzheads - JH
1150

(Jorge Anckerman) La Flor Del Yumuri - Bebo - Bebo Valdes - Calle 54
Records - 601012

(Paul Dupont, Allan Stuart) La Rosita - Coleman Hawkins Encounters Ben
Webster - Verve - 314 421 427-2

(Gershwin, Gershwin, Heyward) It Ain't Necessarily So - Porgy and Bess -
Columbia - CK 40647

(Wayne Shorter) Fee Fi Fo Fum - Boneyard - Jim McNeely - Origin - 82473

8:01 NPR News

(Bob Florence) Appearing in Cleveland - Eternal Licks & Grooves - Bob
Florence - Mama records - MAA 1030

(Steve Slagle) Knew Hold - Latest Outlook - Steve Slagle and Dave Stryker
- Zoho - 200703

(Marilyan and Alan Bergman, Roger Kellaway) I Have the Feeling I've Been
Here Before - Dream of Life - Carmen McRae - Qwest/Warner Brothers - 9
4340-2

(Cedar Walton) Bolivia - Dodo 3 - Toru Dodo - Jazz City Spirit - TDMC-1001

(Lou Donaldson) Soul Meeting - A Man with a Horn - Lou Donaldson - Blue
Note - 7243 5 21436 2 7

(Tadd dameron) Hot House - Jazz at Massey Hall - The Quintet: Dizzy
Gillespie, Charlie Parker, Charles Mingus, Bud Powell, Max Roach - Debut -
OJCCD-044-2

(McHugh, Adamson) You're a Sweetheart - Finally - Betty Carter - Blue
Note/Roulette Jazz - CDP 7953332

9:01 NPR News

(Lionel Hampton) Ribs and Hot Sauce - Hamp: The Legendary Decca Recordings
of Lionel Hampton - Decca Jazz - GRD-2-652

(George and Ira Gershwin) I'll Build a Stairway to Paradise - Avant
Gershwin - Patti Austin - Rendesvous - 51232

(Thad Jones) A Child Is Born - All the Way Live - Jimmy Smith and Eddie
Harris - Milestone - MCD-9251-2

New Orleans Blues - Charles Brown 1946-1948 Los Angeles - JSP Records -
JSP7707C

Peckin' - Duke Ellington Small groups Volume 1 - Columbia/Legacy - C2K
46995

(Ellington, Hodges) The Jeep Is Jumpin' - The Duke's Men: Small groups
Volume 2 - Columbia/Legacy - C2K 46835

(Robin, Rainger) Easy Living - Lady Day:The Best of Billie Holiday -
Columbia/Legacy - C2K 85979

(Frank Loesser) If I Were a Bell - Live at Birdland - Steve Kuhn Trio -
Blue Note - 0946 3 72992 2 7

(T. Shapiro, J. Campbell, R. Connelly) If I Had You - Heart Strings -
Sheila Jordan - Muse - MCD 5468

(Clark Terry) Pint of Bitter - Tubby Hayes with Clark Terry: The New York
Sessions - Clark Terry with Tubby Hayes - Columbia - CK 45446