[JPL] Playlist: Thursday March 8 WCVE-FM Richmond VA

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Mar 8 21:49:26 EST 2007

Tonight's jazz playlist from WCVE-FM. Posted online at
ideastations.org/radio. Please direct cd's for airplay consideration to
the address below.

Thanks

Peter Solomon
WCVE-FM
23 Sesame Street
Richmond VA 23235
(804) 560-8171

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday March 8, 2007

(Donald Byrd) Ghana - Byrd in Flight - Donald Byrd - Blue Note - CDP 7243
8 52435 2 3

(Frank Foster) Simone - Well Water - Frank Foster and the Loud Minority -
Piadrum - 0701

(Jae Sinnett) Palpitations - The Sinnett Hearings - Jae Sinnett - J-Nett
8115

(Alain Perez) En El Aire - En El Aire - Alain Perez - Ayva - 039

(Bobby Broom) Blues for Modern Man - Song and Dance - Bobby Broom - Origin
records - 82475

(Debussy, Strayhorn) Las Plus Que Lente / Passion Flower - Live at
Birdland - Blue Note - 0946 3 72922 2 7

(Ceasar, Youmans) I Want to Be Happy - Thelonious Monk & Sonny Rollins -
Prestige - OJCCD-059-2

8:01 NPR News

(Benny Golson) City Lights - City Lights - Lee Morgan - Blue Note - 0946 3
62676 2 3

(George and Ira Gershwin) Funny Face - Avant Gershwin - Patti Austin with
Michael Abene and the WDR Big Band - Rendezvous - 51232

(Miles Davis) Freddie freeloader - Portrait of Wes - Wes Montgomery -
Riverside - OJCCD-144-2

(Herbie Hancock) Empty Pockets - Takin' off - Herbie Hancock - Blue Note -
CDP-7243 8 37643 2 7

(Bernstein) Some Other Time - Blue Porpoise Avenue - Glenn Wilson -
Sunnyside - SSC 1074D

(Richard and Robert Sherman) Chim Chim Cheree - The John Coltrane Quartet
Plays - MCA/Impulse - MCAD-3310

(Denni, Adair) Everything Happens to Me - The Best of Bill Evans -
Riverside - RCD-5712-2

(Cole Porter) Too Darn Hot - Ella Fitzgerald Sings the Cole Porter
Songbook - Verve - 314 537 257-2

(Tadd Dameron) Dameronia - Blues Alley Third Set - Hod O'Brien - Reservoir
- RSR CD 187

9:01 NPR News

(Louis Armstrong) Hobo, You Can't Ride This Train / (Rose, Jackson, Olman)
Some Sweet Day / (Clarence Gaskill) Laughin' Louie - Louis Armstrong and
His Orchestra (1932-1933) - Bluebird - 9759-2-RB

(Joe venuti) Satin and Velvet - Alone in the Palace - Joe Venuti and Dave
McKenna - Chiarascuro - CR(D) 160

(Herbie Nichols) The Gig - Herbie Nichols: The Complete Blue Note
Recordings - Herbie Nichols Trio - Blue Note - CDP 7243 8 59354 2 8

(Branislav Kaper) Invitation - Eternal Licks and Grooves - Bob Florence
Limited Edition - Mama Records - MAA 1030

(Ellingtonm, David) Don't You Know I Care - I Just Dropped by to Say Hello
- Johnny Hartman - Impulse - IMPD-176

(Horace Silver) Opus de Funk - Art Pepper + Eleven - Art Pepper -
Contemporary - OJCCD-341-2

(Calloway) The Great Lie - The Happy Blues - Gene Ammons - Prestige -
OJCCD-013-2

(Pete Johnson) You Don't Know My Mind - Pete Johnson King of Boogie -
Milan - 73138 35622-2