[JPL] Two vocal gems

Mark Ruffin mruffin at jazzusa.com
Thu Mar 8 23:05:15 EST 2007

With the amazing and sometimes scary amount of mediocre female vocalists
that keep coming across my desk I was astounded to come across two fabulous
singers on the same day.  I like them so much I just wanted to make sure
that interested programmers don't pass them by without a listen.  The best
one is Susie Thorne "Blue Skies, Clear Day."  I don't know who is working
it, if anybody, or how and when I got it but every track is excellent.  The
other is Elisabeth Lohninger  "The Only Way Out Is Up," which is being
handled by Lisa Reedy.

   Mark Ruffin