[JPL] Two vocal gems

Blaise Lantana blaise.lantana at riomail.maricopa.edu
Fri Mar 9 00:26:23 EST 2007

Hey Mark,
I loved that Susie Thorne too.  We've been playing it for a few months now,
she is fine.  It's not often I can play a ballad but I love how she does
Moon River. But you are right every cut on that is a gem.
Meanwhile she told me she's a Bond girl, you can use that as an aside.  But
not 007.
That's her husband's name.
Blaise Lantana
Music Director
KJZZ Phoenix

With the amazing and sometimes scary amount of mediocre female vocalists
that keep coming across my desk I was astounded to come across two fabulous
singers on the same day.  I like them so much I just wanted to make sure
that interested programmers don't pass them by without a listen.  The best
one is Susie Thorne "Blue Skies, Clear Day."  I don't know who is working
it, if anybody, or how and when I got it but every track is excellent.  The
other is Elisabeth Lohninger  "The Only Way Out Is Up," which is being
handled by Lisa Reedy.

   Mark Ruffin