[JPL] Playlist: WDIY & Doodlin'

Mo Noretsky mo.noretsky at verizon.net
Fri Mar 9 11:37:36 EST 2007

WDIY-FM (88.1 and webcasting on wdiy.org)
community public radio/NPR affiliate serving the Lehigh Valley region
of PA
(Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton)
301 Broadway
Bethlehem, PA 18015
610-694-8100
Mo Noretsky, WDIY Jazz Coordinator
mo.noretsky at verizon.net

Top Station Plays - 3/9/07 (20 hours of weekly Jazz/Blues Programming)
Top 10:
Various - Billy Strayhorn-Lush Life - Blue Note
Matt Wilson's Arts & Crafts - The Scenic Route - Palmetto
David 'Fathead' Newman - Life - High Note
Tia Fuller - Healing Space - Mack Ave
Nathan Eklund - Crooked Line - Jazz Excursion
Jim McNeely/Kelly Sill/Joel Spencer - Boneyard - Origin
Tierney Sutton - On the Other Side - Telarc
Hendrik Meurkens - New York Samba Jazz Quintet
Skip Wilkins - Quintet, Vol. 1 - Dreambox Media
Steve Kuhn - Live at Birdland - Blue Note
11-20:
Grady Tate - From the Heart: Songs Sung Live at the Blue Note - Half
Note
Maria Anadon  - A Jazzy Way - Arbors
Jay Hoggard - Swing 'Em Gates - JHVM
BMR4 - Turning Point - Hallway
Kendra Shank - A Spirit Free - Challenge
Joe Zawinul - Brown Street - Heads Up
Larry Willis - Blue Fable - High Note
Randy Crawford & Joe Sample - Feeling Good - PRA
Russell Gunn - Plays Miles - High Note
Bucky Pizzarelli - Five For Freddie: Bucky’s Tribute To Freddie
Green  - Arbors
and...
Harry Connick, Jr. - Chanson du Vieux Carre - Marsalis
Octobop - Very Early - Mystic Lane
Geoff Stradling - Les is Mo' - Origin
Scott Whitfield - Speaking of Love - Summit
Jeff Anotoniuk - Here Today - JAJU
Conrad Herwig - Sketches of Spain Y Mas - Half Note
Alex Garcia's Afromantra - Uplifting Spirit - AfroMantra
Pete Christlieb w/Lori Mechem Quartet - Live at the Jazz Cave - Cognito
Chie Imaizumi - Unfailing Kindness - Capri
Kerry Strayer - Play It Where It Lays - self
Wayne Bergeron - Plays Well With Others - Concord
Nate Najar - I'm All Smiles - Blue Line
Ira Nepus & Steve Moore - Another Time Another Place - Jazzed Media
Bob Mintzer - In the Moment - Art of Life
Benny Reid - Findings - Concord
Charles Tolliver - With Love - Blue Note
Nancy Donnelly - A Greater Love - MisD
Zvonimir Tot - Blue Quest - Groove Art
Marlene Ver Planck - My Impetous Heart - Audiophile
Falkner Evans - Climbing The Gates - CAP
Doug MacDonald - Gentle Rain - Sea Breeze
Brubeck Bros. - Intuition - Koch
Jimmy Heath Big Band - Turn Up the Heath - Planet Arts
Russell Malone - Live at Jazz Standard Vol. 1 - MaxJazz
Frank Locrasto - When You're There - MaxJazz
Adds:
Greg Chako - Where We Find Ourselves - Chako
Joey DeFrancesco - Live: The Authorized Bootleg - Concord
East Coast Standards Time - Impressions - Altru
Thomas Marriott - Both Sides of the Fence - Origin
Wynton Marsalis - From the Plantation to the Penitentiary - Marsalis
Veronica Nunn - Standard Delivery - Dead Horse
Matt Ray - Lost in New York - CAP
Alister Spence - Mercury - Rufus
Stryker/Slagle Band - Latest Outlook - Zoho
Wayne Wallace - The Reckless Search For Beauty - Patois Records
Kenny Werner - (Lawn Chair Society) - Blue Note
Abram Wilson - Ride! - Dune

Doodlin' - March 6, 2007 - Host: Mo Noretsky
Artist - Song - Album - Label
Lambert, Hendricks & Ross - Doodlin' (Theme) - Twisted - Rhino
Don Aliquo - Forever on My Mind - Jazz Folk - Young Warrior
Thomas Marriott - New World A Comin' - Both Sides of the Fence - Origin

Kendra Shank - Natas (A/K/A Playmate) - A Spirit Free - Challenge
Stryker/Slagle Band - Hartland - Latest Outlook - Zoho
Maria Anadon - Comes Love - A Jazz Way - Arbors

Alister Spence - Marco Polo Goes West - Mercury - Rufus
Abram Wilson - After the Storm - Ride! - Dune

Greg Chako - Takachan - Where We Find Ourselves - Chako
David 'Fathead' Newman - I Can't Get Started - Life - High Note
Alex Garcia's AfroMantra - Autumn Dreams - Uplifting Spirit - AfroMantra

Matt Ray - Central Park West - Lost in New York - CAP
Larry Willis - Nardis - Blue Fable - High Note
Wynton Marsalis - Love and Broken Hearts - From the Plantation to the
Penitentiary - Marsalis

East Coast Standards Time - Up Jumped Spring - Impressions - Altru Music
Geoff Stradling - Les is Mo' - Les is Mo' - Origin
Horace Silver - Doodlin' (Theme) - Best of - Blue Note