[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist for 3/11

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Mar 12 13:09:47 EDT 2007

Another weekend's Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Mid (Time Change weekend)

Rahsaan Roland Kirk   Serenade to a Cuckoo   Complete.         Mercury

Steve Turre           Volunteered Slavery   Spirits Up Above          High
Note

Mulgrew Miller    When I Get There  Live at Kennedy Center     MaxJazz

Theo Croker               Focus                The Fundamentals
Croker

Jackie McLean     Old Gospel        RVG Series Sampler               Blue
Note

Will Bernard      Ripple Sole              Party Hats
Palmetto

1:00AM

Very Tall Band      Squatty-Roo            What's Up?
Telarc

Johnny Hodges     Reeling and Rocking     Complete Verve          Mosaic

Jeff Hamilton      C-Jam Blues         The Best Things Happen       Azica

Jackie McLean       Old Gospel                 RVG Sampler
Blue Note

Louis Hayes      Sack O' Woe              Maximum Firepower         Savant

2:00AM (EST)/3:00AM (EDT)

Gordon Goodwin         Whodunnit?               Phat Pack
Immergent

Phil Kelly         Zip Code 2005                   My Museum
Origin

Chie Imaizumi      Unfailing Kindness           (same)
Capri

Joe Zawinul     Badi/Boogie-Woogie Waltz    Brown Street          Heads Up

Jaco Pastorius Big Band     Cannonball        The Word is Out       Heads Up

Gerry Gibbs       Chameleon                  Faces Unknown               SMS
Jazz

4:00AM

Pittsburgh Collective     Three-Card Molly

                                                  Live at the Knitting
Factory           Oxingale

Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band     Blue 'n' Boogie

                                                               Dizzy's
Business                MCG

Pratt Brothers      Cup of Life            16 Men and a Chick Singer    CAP

James Carter    Along Came Betty     Out of Nowhere                     Half
Note

Benny Golson      Killer Joe             One Day, Forever
Arkadia

Art Farmer             Tonk                         Silk Road
Arabesque

5:00AM

Matt Wilson       The Scenic Route              (same)
Palmetto

Ann Hampton Calloway    Lover Come Back to Me

                                                                      Blues
in the Night       Telarc

Jimmy Heath    I'm Glad There is You    Turn Up the Heath          Planet
Arts

Cleveland Jazz Orchestra    Moon Palace  The Surprise of Being   CJO

Bill Charlap      Last Night When We Were Young

                                          Live at the Village Vanguard
Blue Note

Grant Stewart       Lush Life          In the Still of the Night
Sharp Nine

Cedar Walton       Time After Time     One Flight Down                High
Note

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV