[JPL] Playlist: WCVE-FM Wed 3-14

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Tue Mar 13 21:52:56 EDT 2007

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Tuesday March 13, 2007

(Lou Donaldson) Good Gracious - Good Gracious - Lou Donaldson - Blue Note
- CDP 7243 8 54325 2 1

(JJ Johnson) Shutterbug - JJ Inc - JJ Johnson - Columbia/Legacy - CK 65296

(Sam Rivers) Beatrice - In My Element  - Robert Glasper - Blue Note - 0946
3 78111 2 2

(Nick Moran) Sensory Awakening - The Messenger - Nick Moran - Consolidated
Artists Productions - CAP 996

(Miles Davis) Nardis - Blue Fable - Larry Willis - High Note - HCD 7163

(John Fedchock) The Ariztocrat - Up & Running - John Fedchock - reservoir
- RSR CD 188

(Thad Jones) Central Park West (Interlude) - One More: The Summary Music
of Thad Jones, Volume 2 - Various - Ipo recordings - www.iporecordings.com

8:01 NPR News

(Gillespie, Paparelli) A Night in Tunisia - A Night in Tunisia - Art
Blakey and the Jazz Messengers - Blue Note - CDP 7 84049 2

(Kenny Werner) Uncovered Heart - Lawn Chair Society - Kenny Werner - Blue
Note - 0946 3 74896 2 8

(Isham Jones, Marty Symes) There Is No Greater Love - People Time - Stan
Getz and Kenny Barron - Verve/Gitanes Jazz  - 314 510-813-2

(Wayne Wallace) La Encantadora - The Reckless Search for Beauty - Wayne
Wallace - Patois records - PRCD002

(Nilson Matta) Hugs and Kisses - Black Orpheus - Trio da Paz - Kokpelli
records - Koko 1299

(George and Ira Gershwin) Somebody Loves Me - Peggy Lee: The Best of the
Decca Years - Peggy Lee - MCAD-11571

(Harry Akst, Sam M. Lewis, Joe Young) Dinah - Dick Hyman/Ralph Sutton -
Concord Jazz - CCD-4603

(Neal Hefti) Two Franks - Jazz Masters 2: Count Basie - Verve - 314 519
819-2

9:01 NPR News

(Irving Berlin) Steppin' out with My Baby - The Irving Berlin Songbook -
Fred Astaire - Verve - 829 172-2

(Mack Gordon, Harry Warren) The More I See You - What's up? - Oscar
Peterson, Ray Brown, Milt Jackson - Telarc Jazz - CD-83663

(Dizzy Gillespie, Chano Pozo, Gil Fuller) Manteca - The Best of the Red
Garland Trios - Prestige - PRCD-5716-2

(Jacquet, Thompson) Robbins Nest - Eddie Lockjaw Davis and Johnny Griffin
Live at Minton's - Prestige - PRCD-24206-2

(Benny Carter) Only Trust Your Heart - Another Time Another Place - Ira
Nepus and Steve Moore - Jazzed Media - JM 1016

(Tadd Dameron) If You Could See Me Now - Hod O'Brien Blues Alley Third Set
- Reservoir - RSR CD 187

(Franz Lehar) Yours Is My Heart Alone - Pete Christlieb with the Lori
Mechem Quartet Live at the Jazz Café - Cognito Music

(Kenny Burrell) Listen to the Dawn - Listen to the Dawn - Frank Morgan -
Verve/Antilles - 314 518 979-2