[JPL] JazzWeek For Sale To A Good Home

Ed Trefzger ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com
Tue Mar 13 22:13:35 EDT 2007

Hi folks,

The following are in the new issue of JazzWeek, which most subscribers
won't see until Monday. I'm looking to sell the publication, but would
like to continue operating this list, which I think will be best suited
to operate as an independent voice and forum for jazz radio.

Ed

THIS WEEK: TIME TO HAND OVER THE REINS

The past few months have been a time of tremendous change for me
personally and also a time to reflect on how I devote my time and toward
what ends.

As I now look toward what I hope is the second half or more of my life,
I realize that it's time to focus on what I find most important and most
satisfying to me personally and professionally. While publishing and
editing JazzWeek and carrying much of the load over the last
five-and-a-half years -- even when most people didn't realize it -- has
been a great source of pride and satisfaction for me, it has not been
where I have wanted to be in my professional life. And the need to
maintain a full-time business outside of the publication coupled with
the near full-time demands of this operation is unsustainable for anyone
over the long haul.

Meanwhile, some great opportunities have come along for me
professionally in my core business of web development and programming
and some amazing things are opening up to me, including the opportunity
to make a difference for people in my community and the chance to
collaborate on some writing projects outside the jazz and radio realm.

Therefore, I came to the realization over the past few months that while
this publication is vital to jazz radio and for the promotion of
artists, it's not something that I can continue to put effort into
without it jeopardizing my well being or preventing me from going after
things I wish to accomplish.

As a result, I'm putting the publication up for sale in the hopes that
someone who has the desire and business smarts can take it to its full
potential in marketing and in content.

I don't do this with sadness, but with enthusiasm that things can be
bigger and better in new hands.

-- Ed Trefzger, Editor

INFORMATION ON SALE:

JazzWeek, which has published as a PDF since November, 2004, and which
has published jazz radio airplay charts since 2001, is for sale by the
owner, Trefzger Media LLC. Included in the available assets either as a
package or in parts are: all back issues and raw magazine production
files; the web site, including back end programming for the productions
of charts; the domain jazzweek.com; rights to the annual JazzWeek Summit
and JazzWeek awards; current and past subscriber list.

The current owner wishes to maintain operation and ownership of the Jazz
Programmers' Mailing List as a separate and independent entity, but will
entertain offers to acquire the list and its operation.

Serious offers only should contact Ed Trefzger at ed at trefzgermedia.com
or via phone between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. ET weekdays at 585-226-1968.

Offers will be considered through March 26, 2007 and a decision on
offers will be made on or before March 30, 2007.