[JPL] The news

Linda Yohn lyohn at emich.edu
Wed Mar 14 18:38:23 EDT 2007

Hello Ed & all,

I am stunned yet not all surprised by Ed's announcement regarding the
sale of JazzWeek.  There isn't a day that goes by that I don't
question why I beat my head agains the wall for jazz music on the
radio.  Ed shouldered more than he ever should have for the venture.
I think we don't even know the half of what he handled for the
publication and thus for us, collectively.

As the blues saying goes, "you don't miss your water 'till your well
runs dry".  I know the publication doesn't end today, but already I
know that we will miss the clearing house of jazz business information
with regard to radio if it isn't purchased.

Ed. I understand your decision to move on.  If you have a golden
opportunity to use your varied talents and skills with websites and
computer programming, that is what you should do.

Nonetheless, Ed Trefzger will be sorely missed.  Youir editorials,
your honesty, your open attitude and attention to detail with the
publication are all memorable and all commendable.  Ed Trefzger is a
true gentleman.

Ed, on behalf of the WEMU staff and listeners, thank you!

Thank you for deciding to maintain the JPL.  As you know, I made a
payment a couple of weeks ago.  I hope that with ad revenues and
member contributions the list will be around for decades to come.
Please know that I really appreciate this valuable resource.  I don't
think the rest of the WEMU krewe know how much I rely on the JPL
clearing house, but I do.  Couldn't do it without you, the other
posters and the backbone and wealth of information on the list.

JPL members--what do we do to honor Ed?  E-mail me off list, please.

Linda

Linda Yohn
WEMU Music Director
lyohn at emich.edu