[JPL] 2/18: Playlist: Jazz After Hours

CObuchow at aol.com CObuchow at aol.com
Fri Mar 16 10:19:32 EDT 2007

2/18/2007, jwilke123 at comcast.net writes:

Here's one of our periodic postings of our complete playlists, which
are always available on our website.  Jazz After Hours is distributed
by Public Radio International and airs on dozens of stations from
Hawaii  to New York, and Alaska to Florida and reaches an international
audience on  the internet via multiple streams from stations carrying the
show.

Programs air on Friday and Saturday nights in the US starting at
Midnight Eastern Time (5 AM GMT). Friday Midnight is the start of
Saturday morning, and Saturday Midnight is Sunday morning. Each hour is
identified - eg. SA 0 (Saturday midnight), SA 1 (Saturday 1 AM) and so
on. If you are in Central Time subtract 1 hour, in Mountain Time
subtract 2 hours, in Pacific Time subtract 3 hours, or add 5 hours for
GMT. Some stations may shift the program a few hours later.  Each
program runs a total of seven hours although not all stations carry all
seven hours.   Your mileage may vary.   _www.jazzafterhours.org_
(http://www.jazzafterhours.org)

JAZZ  AFTER HOURS FOR SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 17, 2007

SA 0 - Theme (open &  close): Ray Bryant - After Hours - Alone at
Montreux
Gordon Goodwin’s Big  Phat Band - La Almeja Pequeña - The Phat Pack -
2006 5.1 Label Group -  284404
Vinson Valega Group - Undertow - Awake - 2005 Consilience Productions  -
1102
Hod O’ Brien - Double Talk- Live at Blues Alley -Third Set - 2007
Reservoir - 187
Elisabeth Lohninger - Falling Grace - The Only Way Out Is  Up - 2006
Lofish - 732
Oregon - Witchi-Tai-To - Live at Yoshi’s - 2002  Intuition - 3299
Ernestine Anderson - On The Sunny Side Of The Street - Love  Makes The
Changes - 2003 HighNote - 7118
PJ Perry - Stuffy Turkey - Trio  - 2006 PJ Perry - 5
Fats Navarro - 52nd Street Theme - Fats Navarro Story -  2000 Proper -
1144
(Thelonious Monk - Rhythm-A-Ning)

SA 1  -
Jimmy Heath Big Band - I’m Glad There Is You -Turn Up The Heath - 2006
Planet Arts - 100560
Tierney Sutton Band - I Want To Be Happy - On The  Other Side - 2007
Telarc - 83650
Steve Kuhn Trio - Jitterbug Waltz - Live  at Birdland - 2007 Blue Note -
72992
Hendrik Meurkens - Vamos Nessa - New  York Samba Jazz Quintet - 2007
Zoho - 200701
Grady Tate - Everybody Loves  My Baby - From The Heart - 2006 Half Note
- 4529
Zoot Sims - The Red Door  - Swing King! - 2004 Proper - 138
Oscar Peterson - Wheatland - Perfect  Peterson: The Best of the Pablo
and Telarc Recordings - 2007 Concord Music  Group - 30078
Johnny Griffin - Mil Dew - Introducing Johnny Griffin - 2007  Blue Note
- 74218
(Ron Eschete - Blues Bruise)

SA 2 -
Joe  Zawinul - A Remark You Made - Brown Steel - 2007 BirdJAM/WDR - 3121
Steve  Evans Quartet - Concierto De Aranjuez/The Way Young Lovers Do -
Two Sets -  2006 Kahshohu - 3710125504
Ari Hoenig - Dark News - Inversations - 2006 Ari  Hoenig - 36900
Ed Neumeister Quartet - Osmosis- Reflection - 2006  MeisteroMusic
-Artist Share - 58
Geri Allen - Ah-leu-cha - Portraits and  Dreams - 2006 Telarc - 83645
Dave Douglas - Elk’s Club - Meaning and Mystery  - 2006 Noenmity Music -
4
Kristin Korb - Ev’rything I’ve Got - Why Can’t  You Behave - 2006 Double
K - 8014712332
Hank Jones/Bill Charlap - Tonk -  Lush Life - 1992 Sony Music
Entertainment/Red Baron Productions -  52760
Dianne Reeves - So This Is Love - Lush Life - 1992 Sony Music
Entertainment/Red Baron Productions - 52760
(Alan Broadbent -  Daahoud)

SA 3 -
Thomas Marriott - What The Mirror Said - Both Sides Of  the Fence - 2007
Thomas Marriott - 8274
Royce Campbell - Autumn Hues -  Trio By Starlight - 2006 Philology - 357
Brian Bromberg - Cold Duck Time -  Downright Upright - 2007 Artistry
Music Group - 7012
Russell Gunn -  Footprints - Plays Miles - 2007 HighNote - 7161
Wolfgang Muthspiel/Brian  Blade - Heavy Song - Friendly Travelers - 2006
Material - 17
Stefano  Bollani - Cómo Fue - Piano Solo - 2006 ECM - 7150
John Coltrane - Like  Someone In Love - Lush Life - 2006 Concord Music
Group - 8103
Tin Hat -  Drawing Lessons - The Sad Machinery Of Spring - 2007 RkyoDisc
/Hannibal -  1524
Gerry Mulligan - Big City Blues - Complete Verve Gerry Mulligan Concert
Jazz Band Sessions - 2003 Universal Music Enterprises - 221
(Johnny Smith  - Tabu)

SA 4 -
Nelson Hinds - Hollywood Blues - Streamin’ - 2006  Nelson Hinds -
3710124704
Jay Hoggard - Shiny Stockings - Swing ‘em Gates  - 2007 JHVM - 4
Pat Metheny/Brad Mehldau - Summer Day - 2006 Nonesuch -  79964
Dominick Farinacci - Ghost Of A Chance - Besame Mucho - 2004 M&I  Jazz -
30291
Reeds & Deeds - Black Orpheus - Cookin’ - 2006 Criss  cross Jazz - 1283
Dominique Eade and Jed Wilson - Never Let Me Go - Open -  2006 Jazz
Project - 3001
Peter Erskine - Touch Her Soft Lips and Part -  Sweet Soul - 1992 BMG -
63140
Duduka Da Fonseca/Helio Alves (HD2) - Three  Views Of A Secret - Songs
>From The Last Century - 2005 Blue Toucan -  18726
(Kenny Barron - Fungi Mama)

SA 5 -
Jeff Antoniuk and the Jazz  Update - Man’s Best Friend - Here Today -
2006 Atonal Licks - 601
Tony  Bennett/Bill Evans - Waltz for Debby - The Tony Bennett Bill Evans
Album -  2006 Concod Music Group - 30177
John Taylor - Sweet Dulcinea - Angel of the  Presence - 2006 CAM Cine TV
Music - 5020
Norma Winstone and John Taylor -  Everybody’s Song But My Own - Like
Song, Like Weather - 1999 Endoc -  7875
Stan Getz - Serenade To Sweden - The Peacocks - 1977 Sony - 5295
Carl  Fontana-Arno Marsh Quintet - Centerpiece - Live at Capozzoli’s,
Vol.3 - 2006  Woofy/WPI - 16
Joe Temperley - This Time The Dream’s On Me - A Portrait -  2006 Hep
Jazz Productions - 2091
King Cole Trio - Just You, Just Me -  Transcriptions - 2005 Blue Note -
60184
(Spike Robinson - The Dream’s On  Me)

SA 6 -
Jim McNeely - In Your Own Sweet Way - Boneyard - 2007  Kellly Sill -
82473
Tony Desare - I’ll Never Have Enough Of You - Last  First Kiss - 2007
Telarc - 83651
Stephen Riley - It’s Easy To Remember -  Easy To Remember - 2007
SteepleChase - 31609
Krzysztof Popek - Hi-Fly -  You Are In My Heart - 2006 Power Bros - 193
Andy Narell - Baby Steps - Tatoom  - 2006 Heads Up - 3122
Tania Maria - Aqua de Beber - Intimidade - 2005 Bel  Horizon - 51935
Helen Sung - Sweet and Lovely - Helenistique - 2006 Fresh  Sound - 251
Woody Herman and His Thundering Herd - Duke Ellington’s Sound of  Love -
Woody Herman and His Thundering Herd - 1999 Hindsight -  274
(Theme)

JAZZ AFTER HOURS FOR SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 18,  2007  (ready for Mardi Gras?)
artist- title - album - year - copyright -  catalogue #

SU 0 - Theme (open & close): Ray Bryant - After Hours -  Alone at
Montreux
Harry Connick Jr. - Mardi Gras in New Orleans - Chanson  Du Vieux Carré
- 2007 Marsalis Music - 62
Ben Riley’s Monk Legacy Septet  - Brake’s Side - Memories of T - 2006
Concord Music Group - 30095
Larry  Willis - Blue Fable - Blue Fable - 2007 Highnote - 7163
Lynne Arriale Trio -  Iko Iko - Live - 2005 In+Out - 7
Brian Blade Fellowship - Perceptual -  Perceptual - 2000 Capitol - 23571
T.S. Monk - Night Song - Cross Talk - 1999  N-Coded - 4202
Grant Stewart - Theme For Ernie - In The Still Of The Night -  2007
Sharp Nine - 1038
(Howard Alden - Everything But You)

SU 1  -
Chie Imaizumi -Unfailing Kindness - Unfailing Kindness - 2006 Capri -
74081-2
Randy Crawford & Joe Sample - All Night Long - Feeling Good -  2007 PRA
- 60207-2
Ron McClure - Life Took Over - Soft Hands - 2007  Steeplechase - 31615
Ira Nepus & Steve Moore - The Courtship - Another  Time Another Place -
2006 Jazzed Media - JM1016
Matt Wilson’s Arts &  Crafts - We See - The Scenic Route - 2006 Palmetto
- PM 21 22
Los Hombres  Calientes - Creole Groove - Vol.4: Vodou Dance - Basin
Street -  0204-2
Stanton Moore - (Don’t Be Comin’ With No) Weak Sauce - III - 2006
Stanton Moore - 83648
Jelly Roll Morton - Original Jelly Roll Blues - The  Piano Rolls - 1997
Nonesuch - 79363-2
(Norman Simmons - Kelly  Blue)

SU 2 -
Bobby Shew / Reed Kotler - Cançao Noturna - Cançaos do  amor - 2007
Torii - 8 22621 00062 3
Peterson/Brown/Jackson The Very Tall  Band - Squatty Roo - What’s Up? -
2007 Telarc - 83663
Sarah Vaughan - The  Very Thought Of You - Music for Lovers - 2006 Blue
Note - 79577
Joe  Williams - I Only Have Eyes For You - Music for Lovers - 2006 Blue
Note -  79559
Dianne Reeves - Never Said (Chan’s Song) - Music for Lovers - 2006 Blue
Note - 75544
Poncho Sanchez - Do It! - Do It! - 2005 Concord - CCD  2290-2
Jim Hall - All The Things You Are - Hallmarks - 2006 Concord -
CCD2-30076-2
Dizzy Gillespie All-Star Big Band (w.Roberta Gambarini) -  Stardust -
Dizzy’s Business - 2006 Manchester Craftsmen’s Guild -  MCGJ1023
Lester Young - Back To the Land - The Lester Young Story - 2000  Proper
- ProperBox 8
(Larry Goldings - The Intimacy Of The  Blues)

SU 3 -
David ‘Fathead’ Newman - Naima - Life - 2007 HighNote -  HCD 7166
Billy Strayhorn - Lush Life - Lush Life - 1992 Sony - AK  52760
Tia Fuller- Fertile Ground - Healing Space - 2007 Mack Avenue - MAC  1033
Luciana Souza - Aparacida - Duos II - 2005 Sunnyside - SSC 1142
Dizzy  Gillespie- Morning of the Carnival - New Wave! - 1963 Philips -
PHS 600-070  (LP)
Los Hombres Calientes - Indians; James Booker - Vol.5: Carnival - 2005
Basin Street - BSR 0206-2
Pete Christlieb- Limehouse Blues - Live at The  Jazz Cave - 2006 Cognito
- 7 89577 51672 4
Fats Navarro - Eb Pob - The  Fats Navarro Story - 2000 Proper - Proper
Box 11
(Chet Baker - All The  Things You Are)

SU 4 -
Donald Harrison - Hu-Ta-Nay - Indian Blues -  1992 Candid - 79514
Kermit Ruffins - Do the Fat Tuesday - 1998 Basin Street -  101
Andy Narell - Tatoom (edit) - Tatoom - 2006 Heads Up - 3122
Pablo  Aslan - Ventarrón - Buenos Aires Tango Standards - 2007 Zoho -
200702
Bill Anschell - Morning Fog - More To The Ear Than Meets The Eye -  2006
OriginArts - 82469
BMR4 - The Blues at Clark and Addison - Turning  Point - 2006
Buzz/Hallway - 9714
Dinah Washington - Blue Gardenia - Music  For Lovers - 2006 Blue Note -
79570
Steve Turre - Thandiwa - Keep  Searchin’ - 2006 HighNote - 7159
Clifford Brown (w.Sarah Vaughan - You’re Not  The Kind - Joy Spring -
2005 Proper - ProperBox 86
(Scott Hamilton -  Limehouse Blues)

SU 5 -
Greg Chako - Wave of Love - Where We Find  Ourselves - 2005 Chako
Productions - 88
Al Maniscalco Quartet - When I  Look In Your Eyes - 2006 Jalkoda -
1328592552
Nancy Wilson - All My  Tomorrows - Music For Lovers - 2006 Blue Note -
75546
Count Basie -  Freckle Face - Basie Big Band - 1975 Pablo - 2310-756 (LP)
Brian Lynch/Eddie  Palmieri Project - Páginas De Mujer - 2006 Brian
Lynch/Artist Share -  57
Bob Brookmeyer/New Art Orchestra - The End - Spirit Music - 2006 Bob
Brookmeyer - ArtistShare 50
Scott Whitfield - Sugar - Speaking of Love...  - 2007 Summit - 470
Harold Danko - It Only Happens Every Time - Time  Remembered - 200
SteepleChase - 31612
(Art Pepper - A Foggy  Day)

SU 6 -
Next Generation - One Daze - A Night Out In New Orleans:  The Unique
Sounds of Our Music and Musicians - 2002 New Orleans Tourism  Marketing
Corporation (NOTMC) - No Cat #
Sonny Rollins - Sonny, Please -  Sonny, Please - 2006 Doxy - 9730
Dave Scott - Nice Treatment - Naiveté - 2007  SteepleChase - 31608
Andrew Distel - The Windmills Of Your Mind - Stepping  Out Of A Dream -
2006 Madandy - 3710128108
Kerry Strayer Quartet - Funk  In Deep Freeze - Play It Where It Lays -
2006 Kerry Strayer - 601
Rebecca  Parris - Too Late Now - You Don’t Know Me - 2007 Saying It With
Jazz -  1206
MB3 - All Blues - Jazz Hits Volume 1 -2006 Mel Bay - 10312
Lee Konitz  - Sextet - A Proper Introduction to - 2005 Proper -  2025
(Theme)