[JPL] PLAYLIST: JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 3/16/2007

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Mar 17 00:59:03 EDT 2007

Jazz From Studio Four
Friday, March 16, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

TOMMY FLANAGAN (b. MARCH 16, 1930)
Plus Fund Raising, 8p-10p

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Gilad Barkan: Affection, Live Sessions (New Step Music)
Tierney Sutton: Sometimes I'm Happy, On The Other Side (Telarc)

8:23pm
Sonny Rollins: Remembering Tommy, Sonny, Please (Doxy )
Grant Stewart: Theme for Ernie, In the Still of The Night (Sharp 9 Records)

8:44pm
Rebecca Parris: East of The Sun, You Don't Know Me
(Saying it With Jazz Records)
Jerry Bergonzi: Cadiz, Tenor of The Times (Savant)

9:01pm
Robert Glasper: f.t.b., In My Element (Blue Note)
Dominique Eade: You Fascinate Me, Open (Jazz Project)
Bill Charlap: Godchild, Live at The Village Vanguard (Blue Note)

9:23pm
The Stryker/Slagle Band: In Just Time, Latest Outlook (Zoho)
Conrad Herwig: Seven Steps to Heaven, Sketches of Spain Y Mas (Half Note)

9:43pm
Roberta Gamborini: Lover Man, Easy To Love (Groovin' High)
Harry Connick Jr: New Orleans, Chanson du Vieux Carre (Marsalis Music)

10:05pm
SPECIAL FEATURE: Tommy Flanagan: Dignified Appearance,
Alone Too Long (Denon)
Tommy Flanagan: Minor Mishap, Master Trio (Baybridge)
Tommy Flanagan: Sunset and The MockingbIrd, The Birthday Concert (Blue Note)

10:27pm
Miles Davis; featuring Tommy Flanagan: In Your Own Sweet Way, Chronicle
(Prestige)
Milt Jackson; Coleman Hawkins; featuring Tommy Flanagan: Stuffy, Bean Bags
(Atlantic)
Kenny Dorham; featuring Tommy Flanagan: Lotus Blossom, Quiet Kenny (Prestige
New Jazz)

10:46pm
Tommy Flanagan: Sea Changes, Sea Changes (Evidence)
Tommy Flanagan: A Blue Time, Eclypso (Enja)
Tommy Flanagan: Ask Me Now, Thelonica (Enja)

11:06pm
Ella Fitzgerald; featuring Tommy Flanagan: Night and Day, The Best of the
Concert Years (Pablo)
Bill Henderson; featuring Tommy Flanagan: Love is A Bug, The Complete Vee
Jay recordings (Koch Jazz)
Wesla Whitfield; featuring Tommy Flanagan: Moon and Sand (Wilder), September
Songs (HighNote)
Tommy Flanagan; featuring Helen Merrill: Last Night When We Were Young, The
Music of Harold Arlen (Inner City)

11:30pm
Joe Henderson; featuring Tommy Flanagan: Bess, You is My Woman Now,
Porgy and Bess (Verve)
JR Monterose; featuring Tommy Flanagan: Central Park West, A Little Pleasure
(Reservoir)
Frank Morgan; featuring Tommy Flanagan: Something Borrowed, Something Blue,
You Must Believe in Spring (Antilles)
Tommy Flanagan: Beyond The Bluebird, Beyond The Bluebird (Timeless)

11:53pm
Tommy Flanagan: Love You Madly, Lady Be Good...For Ella (Verve)