[JPL] Under the Radar (WSHA-FM -www.wshafm.org) 03-18-07

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 18 05:38:28 EDT 2007

New release*

1am
Chicago Tentet Plus Two, Hold That Thought (Short Visit to Nowhere)
Liquid Soul, Gypsy (Gemini Soul)*
Sonny Clark, title track (Cool Struttin')
Nellie Lucher & Nat Cole, For You My Love (Jazz Encounters)
Nat Cole, Walkin' (The Billy May Sessions, vol. 1)
Nat Cole & Johnny Mercer, My Baby Love to Be-Bop (Jazz Encounters)
Nat Cole & Sweets Edison, Paper Moon (After Midnight Sessions)
Slim Gaillard & Slam Stewart w/Leo Watson, Fried Chicken O Routie (the
legendary McVouty)
Nat Cole, Lester Leaps In/One O'clock Jump (Transcriptions)
Nat Cole w/Basie, Welcome to the Club (Big Band Cole)

2am
John McNeil, What Comes After (This Way Out)
Stefon Harris, Thanks for the Beautiful Land on the Delta (African
Tarantella)*
Harry Connick, Jr., Panama (chanson du vieux carre)*
Stephen Riley, The Sheik of Araby (Easy to Remember)*
Kenny Werner, New Amsterdam (Lawn Chair Society)*
Chicago Underground Trio, Othello/O Balanco (Possible Cube)
Hal Russell, Dark Rapture (The Hal Russell Story)
Joe Beck, Santi Dibriano, Thierry Arpino, Impressions (Trio 7)*
Skerik's Syncopated Taint Septet, Fry His Ass (Husky)
Eight Bold Souls, Odyssey (Last Option)

3am
Brooklyn Repertory Ensemble, Blowin' in the Wind (Pragmatic Optimism)*
Tin Hat Trio, The Secret Fluid of Dusk (The Sad Machinery of Spring)*
Guy Davis, Sweetheart Like You (A Nod to Bob)
Cat Power (Chan Marshall), King Rides By, (What Would the Community Think?)
Michael Musillami's Dialect, Emmett Spencer (fragile forms)*
David S. Ware, African Drums (Surrendered)
Susanne Abbuehl, A.I.R. (All India Radio)(April)

4am
Mahler/Uri Caine, Symphony No. 1, 3rd movement (Mahler - Primal Light)
Ethnic Heritage Ensemble, Major to Minor (Hot 'N' Heavy: Live at the
Ascension Loft)*
The Vinson Valega Group, The Trend Is Your Friend (Awake)*
The Paul Carlton Octet, Extraordinary Rendition (Other Tongues)*
Steve Kuhn Trio, Stella By Starlight (Live at Birdland)*
Dominique Eade & Jed Wilson, Home (Open)*
Bob Brookmeyer Quartet, They Say It's Wonderful (The Dual Role of Bob
Brookmeyer)

5am
Charlie Haden & Chris Anderson, The Night We Called It A Day (None but the
lonely heart)
Meredith D'Ambrosio, I Haven't Got Anything Better To Do (Beware of Spring)
Barry Harris, I Should Care (You Must Believe in Spring)
Lula Pena, Sodade (phados)
William Parker & the Little Huey Creative Music Orch., title track (Sunrise
in the Tone World)
Kenny Werner, Uncovered Heart (Lawn Chair Society)
Jeff Newell's New Trad Octet, Amazing Grace (Brownstone)*

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607
WSHA - www.wshafm.org