[JPL] PLAYLIST: The Next Jazz America on VOA

davispro at nyc.rr.com davispro at nyc.rr.com
Wed Mar 21 12:41:58 EDT 2007

Following is the log for the next JAZZ AMERICA program from the Voice of America, now heard by more listeners than ever before, not only on the entertainment service MusicMix, but also on the worldwide VOA service via shortwave transmission.

The show is two hours long and reaches a potential audience of 94 million listeners worldwide each weekend.  Visit the Voice of America website @ www.voamusicmix.net and click on schedule in the left column to see the time it is webcast in your timezone as well as when and how to hear it via shortwave.
Also, please take note of the email address for the show.  For any comments or communication you can reach me at jazz-america at voa.gov.

Davis programs
163 third avenue/p.m.b 259.new york, ny 10003
Email…jazz-america at voa.gov

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #803…24-25 MARCH 2007
ART BLAKEY-gertrude’s bounce
JOHN SCOFIELD/DR. JOHN- I got a woman (that’s what I say)
* Wynton Marsalis Interview Segment
WYNTON MARSALIS- From The Plantation To The Penitentiary
           (From The Plantation To The Penitentiary)
COURTNEY PINE-modern day jazz (underground)
BUD POWELL-bouncing with bud
* Wynton Marsalis Interview Segment
WYNTON MARSALIS-supercapitalism (…Plantation…Penitentiary)
NICHOLAS PAYTON- zigaboogaloo (payton’s place)

JAZZ AMERICA… SHOW #804…24-25 MARCH 2007
DONALD HARRISON-nouveau swing (the survivor)
LOUIS ARMSTRONG-2:19 blues
* Wynton Marsalis Interview Segment
WYNTON MARSALIS-where ya’ll at? (…Plantation…Penitentiary)
CHICO HAMILTON- cleo’s back (6th ave. romp)
THELONIUS MONK-skippy
T. J. KIRK-skippy
* Wynton Marsalis Interview Segment
WYNTON MARSALIS-doin’ (y)our thing (…Plantation…Penitentiary)
MITCHEL FORMAN- you’re everything (perspectives)
TERENCE BLANCHARD- childs play (flow)

SHOW #805-806…31 MARCH & 1 APRIL 2007
Featured artists: PAT METHENY & BRAD MEHLDAU
with comments about and music from
“Metheny Mehldau” & “Quartet”

Russ Davis
Jazz America