[JPL] WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, March 21, 2007

Tom Reney tr at wfcr.org
Wed Mar 21 22:41:20 EDT 2007

WFCR Playlist/Jazz à la Mode, Wednesday, March 21, 2007

8:00 PM Sarah Vaughan 16 Most Requested Songs It Might As Well Be Spring Columbia 1950

8:05 PM Brad Mehldau Introducing It Might As Well Be Spring Warner Bros 1995
8:12 PM Freddie Cole Because of You Getting Some Fun Out of Life High Note 2006
8:18 PM Bill Perkins Just Friends Diane-a-Flow Lonehill Jazz 1956

8:24 PM Meredith D'Ambrosio Wishing on the Moon Miracle of Spring Sunnyside 2006
8:29 PM Scott Hamilton After Hours How Am I to Know? Concord Jazz 1997
8:37 PM Lee Morgan Charisma Double Up Blue Note 1966

8:45 PM Grant Stewart In the Still of the Night If Ever I Would Leave You Sharp Nine 2007
8:53 PM Wes Montgomery So Much Guitar! Repetition Riverside 1961

8:57 PM Ben Riley Memories of T Gallop's Gallop Concord Jazz 2006
9:03 PM Sammy Figueroa The Magician Seven Steps to Heaven Savant 2007

9:12 PM Pat Metheny/Brad Mehldau Metheny Mehldau Quartet Secret Beach Nonesuch 2007
9:21 PM Bob Florence Eternal Licks and Grooves Invitation MAMA 2007

9:36 PM Benny Golson Gone With Golson Blues After Dark Prestige 1959
9:44 PM Hampton Hawes At the Piano When I Grow Too Old to Dream Contemporary 1976
9:51 PM Miles Davis Relaxin' It Could Happen to You Prestige 1956

10:00 PM Steve Kuhn Live at Birdland If I Were a Bell Blue Note 2007
10:09 PM Robert Glaspar In My Element Maiden Voyage Blue Note 2007

10:20 PM Wayne Escoffery Veneration I Waited for You Savant 2007
10:31 PM McNeely/Sill/Spencer Boneyard Con Alma Origin 2007

10:42 PM Grace Kelly Every Road I Walked 'Round Midnight Pazz 2007
10:49 PM Turtle Island String Quartet A Love Supreme Naima Telarc 2007
10:52 PM John Coltrane The Gentle Side Soul Eyes Impulse 1962

Thursday's highlights: Sonny Rollins Plus 4, featuring Clifford Brown; vocalist Carmen Mc\Rae; new releases by
Sara Lazarus with Bireli Lagrene, Joe Beck, and David "Fathead" Newman.

Tom Reney
"Jazz à la Mode"
Monday-Friday, 8 - 11 p.m.

WFCR