[JPL] Who is Jazz's Greatest Living Legend?

Bradley M. Stone bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Fri Mar 23 12:32:06 EDT 2007

I hate to rain on everyone's parade here, but I had to speak up. it just
seems to me that we are in the midst of a crisis, with Ed scaling back
JazzWeek, and the potential of a Top 50 jazz chart disappearing all
together.... And yet we are discussing who the greatest living legend in
jazz is!  Shouldn't we be directing our energies into discussing what
would happen to the jazz community if we lose the chart, and what can be
done to help Ed, etc.?  Seems to me to be the only topic of relevance
right now, on a jazz programmer's list.

Thanks for listening.

Aloha,

Brad

Dr. Brad Stone, Faculty Advisor
Music Director; Jazz, Blues and World
KSJS-FM
San Jose State University
San Jose, CA   95192-0094

Home Office:
9381 Durango Lane, Gilroy, CA  95020
408-848-6266
bstone at science.sjsu.edu
Music Calls: Weds., 8:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m., PT