[JPL] starBUCKS & Concord

TradeSecrets/Mancuso's TradeSecrets at comcast.net
Fri Mar 23 13:03:26 EDT 2007

I'm with you 100% on this, Arturo.

And as for their A & R policy, the name of the company is

  Concord Music Group

The word JAZZ ceased to be a part of it when it was acquired by Norman Lear
et al.

I have read in the music trades where they describe themselves as an 'adult
music' label.

Support of their back catalog releases is suspect.  My crystal ball is
seeing deletions and lots of compilation and other mining of the vaults.
And remember they now own Fantasy, Prestige, Milestone, Stax etc. - and let
John Rodgers & Terri Hinte go.

Yes, the only thing constant is change, but does it always have to crush art
to make a buck?  Or is that because human beings are involved?

Hope it 'taint so, but....

Jan

Trade Secrets/KMHD
Portland, OR