[JPL] PLAYLIST: JzFmS4, WGBH Boston 3/23/07

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Mar 24 01:21:25 EDT 2007

Friday, March 23, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

SPECIAL FEATURE: BOB MOVER (b. BOSTON, MA. 3/22/1952)

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Jerry Gonzalez; @ RegttaBar 3/23/07: Up Jumped Spring, Rumba Buhaina
(Random Chance)

Art Blakey & the Jazz Messengers: Politely, The Big Beat (Blue Note)

8:23pm
Abbey Lincoln; Hank Jones: You Came A Long Way From St Louis; The Jitterbug
Waltz; I Should Care, When There Is Love (Verve Gitanes)

8:44pm
Al Cohn; Zoot Sime; recorded 3/23/73: Blue Hodge, Body and Soul (32 Jazz)
Sonny Rollins; recorded 3/22/1956: I Feel A Song Coming On, Plus Four
(Prestige)

9:04pm
Silver Leaf Gospel Singers; @ Forsyth Chapel, 3/25/2007:
Jesus Gave Me Water; Something on My Mind; Oh, Mary, Don't You Weep,
Live from Studio One 2/1/2000 (ONLY ON 89.7FM)

9:25pm
Harry Connick Jr: Ash Wednesday, Chanson du Vieux Carre
Donald Harrison jr: Nouveau Swing, The Survivor (Nagel Heyer)

9:45pm
Aaron Goldberg; @ Scullers Jazz Cub, Boston  3/25/07: Unstablemates,
Worlds (Sunnyside)
Lincoln Center jazz Orchestra; @ Symphony Hall, Boston 3/25/07:
Tijuana Gift Shop, Don't Be Afraid (Palmetto)

SPECIAL FEATURE: BOB MOVER

10:05pm
Bob Mover: You Stepped Out of A Dream; You Go to my Head; Star Eyes,
You Go to My Head (Jazz City CD)

10:29pm
Bob Mover: Night Dance of Little People; I Waited for You,
In The True Tradition (Xanadu LP)

10:46pm
Chet Baker; featuring Bob Mover: For Miles and Miles; Ray's Idea,
My Funny Valentine (Circle Records LP)

11:12pm
Bob Mover: Sweet Basil; We'll Be Together Again, Bob Mover (Vanguard LP)
Yoshiaki Masuo; featuring Bob Mover: Like Someone in Love,
111 Sullivan Street (East Wind LP)

11:30pm
Walter Davis Jr.; featuring Bob Mover: Do You Know What It Means to Miss New
Orleans, Illumination! (Jazz City CD)
Lee Konitz; featuring Bob Mover: Lennie Bird, Quintet (Chiaroscuro LP)

11:51pm
Bob Mover: Yesterdays, Things Unseen! (Xanadu LP)

Only on 89.7! performances and recordings are exclusive WGBH Radio
productions and are not commercially available.