[JPL] Playlists - Mark Robinson New Zealand

Mark Robinson markrobbo at clear.net.nz
Sun Mar 25 05:19:10 EDT 2007

Kia Ora,

Hope you are all well. I was lucky enough to interview Billy Cobham last
week as part of WOMAD festival here in New Zealand. A humble man, full of
stories. He told a wonderful story about the Jack Johnson recording session
with Miles Davis. I was lucky enough to find a vinyl copy of the LP
yesterday in excellent condition. I'll be playing the Billy Cobham interview
on my radio shows soon.

KFM Radio - Giantsteps Tuesday 20th March

            1. The In Crowd - Back A Yard (2006 Big Chill)

            2. Salif Keita - Tekere (2007 Shock)

            3. Treva Whateva - Music's Made of Memories (2007 Big Chill)

            4. Grupo Batuque - Batucada Maneira (2007 Far Out)

            5. Azymuth - Estrada Dos Deuses (2007 Far Out)

            6. Sabrina Malheiros - A Terra De Ninguem (2007 Far Out)

            7. Azymuth - Periscopio (2007 Far Out)

            8. Quasimode - Ipe Amarelo (2006 Raw Fusion)

            9. Native - The Secret Language (2007 INFRACom)

            10. Jackie Cain and Roy Kral - Good and Rich (1974 CTI)

            11. Wynton Marsalis - From the Plantation to the Penitentiary
(2007 Blue Note)

            12. Jonathan Crayford - Big Foot (2007 self release NZ)

            13. Jonathan Crayford - Can You Hear The Birds (2007 self
release NZ)

            14. Lenny Popkin - You Don't Know What Love Is (2005 Universal)

            15. Theo Crocker - Falling (2007 Left Sided Music)

            16. Gary Bartz Ntu Troop - Celestial Blues (2006 Big Chill)

GeorgeFM - It's A Jazz Thing Sunday 25th March

            1. Wynton Marsalis - From The Plantation to the Penitentiary
(2007 Blue Note)

            2. Billy Cobham - Miles Beyond (2006 In+Out)

            3. Dan Sperber - Psalm Pilot (2006 self release NZ)

            4. Chuck Mangione - Feels So Good (1977 A & M)

            5. Relaxomatic Project - Slinky (1995 demo NZ)

            6. Relaxomatic Project - The Southern Drop (live at Helen Young
studio NZ)

            7. Pat Metheny - Rejoicing (1984 ECM)

            8. Dan Sperber - I'll Be Home Soon (2006 self release NZ)

            9. Wynton Marsalis - Doin (Y) our Thing (2007 Blue Note)

            10. Brian Smith - Kids at Play (2007 ODE NZ)

            11. Theo Crocker - The Fundamentals (2007 Left Sided Music)

            12. Yusef Lateef - Kondsberg (1968 Atlantic)

            13. Joe Henderson - El Barrio (Blue Note)

            14. Tom Brown - Funkin For Jamaica (1980 GRP)

Cheers, Mark

021762451

www.itsajazzthing.com