[JPL] Playlist: Sound of Surprise 3-25-07

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 25 19:42:03 EDT 2007

Sound of Surprise
WPFW-FM
Washington D.C.
Sundays 5-7 pm.

1) Abbey Lincoln w/Hank Jones-You Gotta Pay The Band (You Gotta Pay The
Band)
2) Benny Reid-Transient Melody (Findings)
3) Andy Biskin-Early American (Early American)

Happy Birthday Paul Motian
4) Paul Motian-Pithecanthropus Erectus (Garden of Eden)
5) Paul Motian-In A Shanty In Old Shanty Town (On Broadway Vol. 4)
6) Paul Motian-I Got Rhythm (On Broadway Vol. 2)
7) Paul Motian-Osmosis Pt. 1 (I Have The Room Above Her)
8) Paul Motian-Justice (Monk In Motian)
9) Paul Motian-Turn Out The Stars (Bill Evans)
10) Paul Motian-You Took The Words Right Out of My Heart (At The Village
Vanguard)
11) Paul Motian-Tico Tico (On Broadway Vol. III)

12) Cyminology Bemun-Gofteguje man (Cyminology Bemun)
12) Jerome Sabbagh-Hamra (Pogo)
13) KCP 5 w/Charlie Mariano-17th Cross (Many Ways)

14) Zanussi 5-Alborado (Alborado)
15) Hakon Kornstad/Havaard Wiik-King Korn (The Bad And The Beautiful)
16) Sonic Mechantronic Arkestra-Bitch In A Box (Overunity)

Mystery Musician: Johnny Pacheco [birthday]
17) Johnny Pacheco w/Charlie Palmieri-Pacheco's Descarga (Bravos del Ritmo)
18) Johnny Pacheco-Me Voy Pa Moron (Introducing Johnny Pacheco)
19) Johnny Pacheco w/Celia Cruz-Quimbara (Introducing Celia Cruz)

In town this week: ICP Orchestra
20) ICP Orchestra-Forest Path Rabbithole 1 (Bospaadje Konijnehol 1)
21) ICP Orchestra-Criss Cross (Weer Is Een Dag Voorbij)

George Adams-Going Home (Nightingale)
Host: Larry Appelbaum
jumpmonk at hotmail.com