[JPL] Straight No Chaser (WSHA-FM - www.wshafm.org) 03-28-07

Bob Rogers rwsfin at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 28 23:45:08 EDT 2007

New release or recent re-release*

8:06pm
The Rocco John Group, Ming's Things (don't wait too long...)*
Paul Motian's Electric Bebop Band, We See (Play Monk & Powell)
Typhanie Monique & Neal Alger, Never Can Say Goodbye (In this Room)*
John Esposito, it was just... (down blue marlin road)*
Mark Sherman, Explorations (family first)*
Rahsaan Roland Kirk, Freaks for the Festival (The case of the 3-sided dream
in audio color)
Chicago Underground Trio, Othello (Possible Cube)
The Vinson Valega Trio, The Best Thing For You (Consilience)

9:06pm
Ethnic Heritage Ensemble, There Is A Place (Hot 'N' Heavy: Live at the
Ascension Loft)*
Alice Coltrane, Blue Nile (Translinear Light)
Gilad Barkan, Not a Samba (Live Sessions)*
Larry Willis, title track (Blue Fable)*
Frank Foster, Joy Spring (Well Water)*
Stephen Riley, Ladybird (Easy to Remember)*
Art Tatum, This Can't Be Love (Solo Masterpieces, vol. 2)

10:06pm
Steve Kuhn Trio, If I Were A Bell (Live at Birdland)*
John Carter & Bobby Bradford Quartet, Abstractions for three lovers (West
Coast Hot)
Gabriela Montero, Sheep may safely graze (Bach and Beyond)*
Tin Hat, Dionysus (The Sad Machinery of Spring)*
Paul Bley, Gary Peacock, Tony Oxley, John Surman, Interface (In the evenings
out there)
James Falzone, The Tipping Point (The Sign and the Things Signified)*
Rob Reddy's Gift Horse, Abraham (A Hundred Jumping Devils)*
Jeff Gauthier & Nels Cline, Unresolved (The Music of Eric von Essen, vol.
III)

11:00 pm
Neal Miner, Urban Lights (the evening sound)*
One More, Birdsong (The Summary: Music of Thad Jones, vol. 2)*
Dave Frank, It's Alright With Me (Ballads & Burners)*
Roy Haynes and the Fountain of Youth Band, My Heart Belongs to Daddy
(Whereas)*
Larry Ham, Lee Rides Again (Carousel)*
The Rocco John Group, Bicycle for 2 (don't wait too long...)*
David Sanford & the Pittsburgh Collective, V-Reel (Live at the Knitting
Factory)*

Bob Rogers
2816 Barmettler Street
Raleigh, NC 27607