[JPL] Playlist WCVE Thur 3-29

Peter Solomon psolomon at ideastations.org
Thu Mar 29 21:55:15 EDT 2007

WCVE-FM Jazz Playlist Thursday March 29, 2007

(Luis Bonfa) Samba d'Orfeu / (Lil Armstrong) Struttin with Some Barbecue -
Noir - Anat Cohen - Anzic records - 1201

(Mark Sherman) Family First - Family First - Mark Sherman - MHP/City Hall
- 8600

(Sonny Rollins) Pent-up House - Lost in New York - Matt Ray - Consolidated
Artists Productions - CAP-1005

(Dorothy Fields and Jimmy McHugh) I'm in the Mood for Love - Joey
Drefrancesco Live: The Authorized Bootleg - Concord - CCD-30123-2

(John Fedchock) Elvin's Empire - Up & Running - John Fedchock New York Big
Band - Reservoir - RSR CD 188

(Harvie S) Para Mongo - The Hideout - Pucho and His Latin Soul Brothers -
Milestone - MCD-9340-2

(Charlie Parker) Bird Feathers - A Week at the Blue Note Disc 1 - Chic
Corea + Origin - Stretch Records - SCD6-9020-2

8:01 NPR News

(Andrew Hill) The Rumproller - The Rumproller - Lee Morgan - Blue Note -
7243 5 21229 2 9

(Jimmy McHigh, Dorothy Fields) Don't Blame Me - Martial Solal / Toots
Thielmans - Erato 2292-45795-2

(Joe Lovano) Blue Sketches - Streams of Expression - Joe Lovano - Blue
Note - 0946 3 41092 2

(Robert Glasper) Silly Rabbit - In My Element - Robert Glasper - Blue Note
- 0946 3 78111 2 2

(Paul Bley) Carla - Emphasis, Stuttgart 1961 - Jimmy Giuffre - Hat Art CD
6072

(Dave Stryker) Turning Point  - Latest Outlook - The Stryker/Slagle Band -
Zoho Music - ZM 200703

(Eddy Louiss) Tribute to Joe Diorio - Face to Face - Richard Galliano and
Eddy Louiss - Dreyfus Jazz - FDM 36627-2

(Jellyroll Morton) Don't You Leave Me Here - Face to Face - Richard
Galliano and Eddy Louiss - Dreyfus Jazz - FDM-36627-2
9:01 NPR News

(Monk) In Walked Bud / Epistrophy - Thelonious in Action - Thelonious Monk
Quartet with Johnny griffin - Riverside- OJCCD-103-2

(Traditional) Wade in the Water - The Riverside Records Story - Riverside
- 4RCD-4422-2

(Burton Lane, Ralph Freed) Listen My Children and You Shall Hear / (Count
Basie) John's Idea - Count Basie: the Complete Decca Recordings - Decca
Jazz - GRD-3-611

(Ellington) The Mooche - The Legendary Sidney Bechet - Bluebird -
6590-2-RB

(J. Grey, L. Wood, A.H. Gibbs) Runnin' Wild - Benny Goodman on the Air
(1937-1938) - Columbia/Legacy - C2K 48836

(Stuart Gorrell) Georgia on My Mind - Mildred Bailey: the Rockin' Chair
Lady (1931-1950) - Decca Jazz - GRD-644

(Dorothy Fields, Jimmy McHugh) Blue Again / (S/ Theard) I'll Be Glad When
You're Dead You Rascal You - You're Driving Me Crazy: Louis Armstrong
Volume 7 - Columbia/Legacy - CK 48828

(Williams, Wilson) Scratchin' in the Gravel - Andy Kirk and His Twelve
Clouds of Joy 1939-1940 - Classics - 640

(Harry Warren, Mort Dixon, Joseph Young) Your'e My Everything - You're My
Everything -Cedar Walton - Evidence - ECD 22194-2

(Lucky Millinder, Al J. Neiberg) Sweet Slumber - A Little Houston on the
Side - Houston Person - 32Jazz - 32159