[JPL] correction KKJZ

Doug Crane dcrane at comcast.net
Fri Mar 30 19:16:35 EDT 2007

The LA Times story that I cut and pasted was correct.  Saul swapped
the formats of the stations in the last couple of months.  I believe
I posted the earlier Times story about that change here on the JPL.

My stepdaughter, who lives in Irvine, CA happened upon the format
change recently and could not believe her ears.  (She likes classical
music, not country thank goodness!)

KMZT is now on the AM band airing classical music, KKGO is playing
country on FM.

And what's with Steve Carney writing TV and radio columns?  Didn't he
used to cover political stories?  Was it the only way he could keep
his job at the Times?

Doug Crane
KUVO Denver