[JPL] PLAYLIST: JzFmS4 WGBH Boston 3/30/07

Steve Schwartz steve_schwartz at wgbh.org
Sat Mar 31 01:02:17 EDT 2007

JAZZ FROM STUDIO FOUR
Friday, March 30, 8pm­midnight, WGBH 89.7

CELEBRATING WOMEN'S HISTORY MONTH

8:00pm
THEME: Horace Parlan Quintet: Wadin', Speakin' My Piece (Blue Note)

8:05pm
Mary Lou Williams: Medi I, Zoning (Smithsonian Folkways)
Karrin Allyson: Long As You're Living, In Blue (Concord)
The Uptown String Quartet: Along Came Betty, Just Wait A Minute (Blue Moon)

8:23am
Maria Schneider: Journey Home, Allegresse (Enja)
Myriam Alter: Home, If (Enja/Justin Time)
Jane Ira Bloom: Lonely House, The Nearness (Arabesque)

8:47pm
Roberta Gamborini: Easy To Love, Easy To Love (Groovin' High)
Rebecca Parris: East of The Sun, You Don't Know Me
(Saying it With Jazz Records)
Dominique Eade: You Fascinate Me, Open (Jazz Project)

9:05pm
Terri Lyne Carrington: Seven Steps to Heaven, TLC and Friends (TLC LP)
Tia Fuller: Ebonics, Healing Space (Mack Avenue)
Ingrid Jensen: Ninety-One, Here on Earth (Enja/Justin Time)

9:27pm
Carmen McRae: It's Over Now (Well, You Needn't), Carmen Sings Monk
(RCA Bluebird)
Betty Carter: I Could Write A Book, Meet Betty Carter and Ray Bryant
(Columbia/Epic)
Carmen McRae; Betty Carter: What's New, The Duets (Verve)

9:43pm
Anat Cohen: The 7th of March, Place and Time (Anzik)
Anat Cohen: Lonnie's Lament, Poetica (Anzik)
Anat Cohen: Do It, Noir: The Anzik Orchestra (Anzik)

10:05pm
Dinah Washington: Rich Man's Blues, Mellow Mama (Delmark)
June Christy: Something Cool, Something Cool (Capitol)
Ann Hampton Callaway: You Turned the Tables on Me, Signature (NCoded Music)
Etta Jones: Fine and Mellow, Don't Go To Strangers (Prestige)
Billie Holiday: The Man I Love, Lady Day, The Best of Billie Holiday
(Columbia)

10:27pm
Helen Sung: Sweet and Lovely, Helenistique (Fresh Sounds)
Jessica Williams: Flamenco Sketches, Live At Yoshi's Vol Two (MaxJazz)
Joanne Brackeen: Thou Swell, Live at Maybeck Volume 1 (Concord)

10:51pm
Vi Redd: This Love of Mine, Lady Soul (Atco LP)
Claire Daly: I've Grown Accustomed To Your Face, Swing Low
Jane Bunnett: Cal Massey, Spirituals and Dedications (Justin Time)

11:11pm
Abbey Lincoln: Straight Ahead, Straight Ahead (Candid)
Cassandra Wilson: Throw it Away, Glamoured (Blue Note)
Kendra Shank: Down Here Below, A Spirit Free: Abbey Lincoln Songbook
(Challenge Records)

11:32pm
Esperanza Spalding: Junjo, Junjo (Ayva Music)
Cindy Blackman: Our Blues, The Oracle (Muse )
Tierney Sutton: Happy Days Are Here Again, On The Other Side (Telarc)
Helen Merrill: You'd Be So Nice to Come home To, Brownie (Verve)

11:54pm
Geri Allen: Aries, Zodiac Suite Revisited (Mary Records)