[JPL] Re: Violin & Bass Suggestions

Larry Appelbaum jumpmonk at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 31 09:52:15 EDT 2007

Jim,

John Blair and Avery Sharpe used to be a working duo (I have a videotape
they sent me) but nothing appears to be in print. Your best bet may be
groups like The String Trio of New York, Masada String Trio, Arcado String
Trio and the records that Stephane Grappelli made with Niels Pedersen and
Joe Pass. All of them have extended violin-bass duets.

And for all things things jazz violin, I'd suggest Anthony Barnett's
website: http://www.abar.net/index.html.

Larry Appelbaum