[JPL] Joshua Redman

Jim Wilke jwilke123 at comcast.net
Tue May 1 18:49:34 EDT 2007

This whole discussion brings to mind a story told by Dave Frishberg
(it's on his CD "Do You Miss New York?").   He says when he first came
to New York in the 50s it was customary for songwriters to take their
songs directly to the publishers and play them on a little spinet in
their office and the publisher would tell you "whether or not he
thought Connie Francis would record it."    Dave says as he was
demo-ing one of his songs "one guy said to me 'whatsa name a dat
chord?'"  and Dave said "That? that's a B7"... and the guy says
"That's where you lose 'em!"

Jim