[JPL] Joshua Redman

Hahn, Steve SHahn at kuat.org
Wed May 2 16:21:50 EDT 2007

Perhaps "not so frightened that they immediately feel compelled to flee
the room."

I hope it's obvious that people who attend a Zeitgeist concert are in
the mood for a little musical adventure - but not necessarily confirmed
"jazz" fans.

Steve

"nobody is frightened by squalling horns or confusing harmony"......

  Hmmmm.......

  Jae

"Hahn, Steve" <SHahn at kuat.org> wrote:
  This Week's JPL Sponsor: Voluntary Donors

Exactly right, Lazaro. I've presented "avant-jazzers" from Oliver Lake,
Ron Miles, Sam Rivers, Joe McPhee and Bobby Bradford to Steve Lacy, Ray
Anderson, Vinny Golia and Evan Parker and when the groove is going on
nobody is frightened by squalling horns or confusing harmony. Which
further confirms my opinion that jazz has always been principally about
rhythm.

Steve Hahn