[JPL] New non-com jazz chart by Jazz Week

Ed Trefzger ed.trefzger at jazzweek.com
Wed May 2 18:10:47 EDT 2007

Arturo wrote:
> This Week's JPL Sponsor: Voluntary Donors
>
> Has anyone else noticed that the former college jazz chart on Jazz Week is
> now called the non-comm jazz chart? I find this unusual as the jazz chart is
> made up of non-commercial stations with the possible exception of one
> station if that. Any thoughts on this?

I have some.

It was because promoters have been complaining non-stop that the panel
for that chart has other stations besides college stations on it.  This
was to make it more accurate in its description.

If the panel was strictly college stations, the top CD would have only
40-50 spins at most.  And No. 50 would have perhaps 6 or 8.  It's sad,
but there's that little impact among those stations Mediaguide can monitor.

BTW, I'm willing to answer questions like this directly should anyone
want to ask.

Ed