[JPL] I gave this article five stars.

EdBride at aol.com EdBride at aol.com
Fri May 4 06:27:53 EDT 2007

In a message dated 5/4/2007 12:42:53 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jaejazz at yahoo.com writes:

<<..Well the recording is "timely" Ed in it's social commentary  but my
position is that it's an artistic achievement on its own creative  merits..>>

Bobby had said (or at least suggested) that the fact that it was "timely"
should be worth some extra points. That is the only area of disagreement.

The critic who gave the recording one star apparently didn't think (or  did
not consider) that "timeliness" is a substitute for artistic merit. I  cannot
speak to why the critic did not like the recording, and I haven't even  heard
it yet. We're just debating the single point of whether an artistic effort
should be given extra credit for timeliness.

Ed