[JPL] WCLV Jazz Playlist 9/30

John Simna jsimna at wclv.com
Mon Oct 1 11:21:56 EDT 2007

Here's this past weekend's edition of Jazz All Night from WCLV in Cleveland:

Performer                   Music                  Recording Title
Label

12:00Mid

Miles Davis              So What             Kind of Blue
Columbia

Jaki Byard      Fables of Faubus/Peggy's Blue Skylight

                                             Sunshine of My Soul
High Note

Jaki Byard           ATFW You            Cornell 1964                  Blue
Note

Charles Mingus    Sophisticated Lady       "
"

McCoy Tyner       Blues on the Corner        Quartet                 Half
Note

John Coltrane    My Favorite Things       Anthology
Rhino/Atlantic

1:00AM

Barbara Knight       Garota de Ipanema     Angel Eyes             BK

Alvin Queen              Nutville       I Ain't Looking at You
Enja/Justin Time

Charles Earland         Quicksilver     Funky Pieces of Silver    High Note

Horace Silver       Calcutta Cutie           Sony for My Father    Blue Note

Gerald Wilson           Blues                 Monterey Moods           Mack
Avenue

Gerald Wilson   Theme for Monterey

                                                        New York, New Sound
Mack Avenue

2:00AM

Thelonious Monk     Oska T       Big Band and Quartet            Columbia

Thelonious Monk     Rhythm-a-ning    Moterey Highlights      MJF

Ben Riley     Gallop's Gallop           Memories of T
Concord

Mostly Other People.    Dunkelbergers       Shamokin!!        Hot Cup

Ezra Weiss          For Heather               Get Happy
Roark

Dan Wall              Carol's Carol     Beauty Surrounds Us         Oberlin

3:00AM

Joshua Redman              India                   Back East
Nonesuch

John Coltrane          Robbins' Nest          Interplay
Prestige

Eddie Daniels                Django               Homecoming            IPO

Greg Chako           What the Funk          Paint a Picture.        Chako

Tom Harrell                The Gronk             Light  On
High Note

4:00AM

Chris Potter                 Train                   Follow the Red
Sunnyside

Chris Potter     Cupid and Psyche        Song for Anyone          Sunnyside

Bennie Wallace        Joshua          Disorder at the Border
Enja/Justin Time

Coleman Hawkins       Body and Soul        Supreme                 Enja

Coleman Hawkins      Quintessence     Today and Now            Impulse

5:00AM

Mike Longo               Evidence       Float Like a Butterfly        CAP

Jerry Bergonzi       Pannonica                  Tenorist
Savant

Thelonious Monk       Well, You Needn't    Monk in Paris       Thelonious

Wendy Fopeano     Caravan             Raining on the Roses        Outside
Shore

Stacy Kent      Hard-Hearted Hannah

                                          Breakfast on the Morning Tram
Blue Note

Diana Krall      Peel Me a Grape    The Very Best of DK          Verve

Herbie Hancock    Watermelon Man    RVG Sampler               Blue Note

Clark Terry-Bob Brookmeyer     Just an Old Manuscript          Lone Hill

John Simna

jsimna at wclv.com

WCLV

26501 Renaissance Parkway