[JPL] JOSÉ RIZO NAMED MUSIC DIRECTOR

Arturo arturo893 at qwest.net
Mon Oct 1 13:08:22 EDT 2007

JOSÉ RIZO NAMED MUSIC DIRECTOR AT K-JAZZ 88.1

(LONG BEACH, CA) September 28, 2007 – Effective October 1, 2007, veteran
jazz radio announcer Jose Rizo assumes the post of music director at KKJZ
“K-Jazz” 88.1 FM.

In keeping with the K-Jazz mission to present mainstream jazz and blues,
Rizo has already been instrumental in integrating more straight-ahead jazz,
diverse vocals and modern, edgier music into the station’s programming.

“K-Jazz will most definitely evolve to do many exciting things for our jazz
community in Los Angeles,” says Rizo.  “We are entering a new era for Los
Angeles jazz radio.”

Rizo, who got his start as an on-air personality in 1975, will continue to
host the popular Jazz on the Latin Side weekdays on K-Jazz (Mon-Thu 5pm to
7pm, Fri 8pm to midnight).

About “K-Jazz” and Global Jazz, Inc.
In April, 2007, the California State University, Long Beach Foundation
contracted with Global Jazz, Inc., an affiliate of MT. Wilson FM
Broadcasters, Inc., to program and provide supporting services for KKJZ 88.1
FM.

The Mt. Wilson FM Broadcasters family also includes the new KKGO “Go Country
105” at 105.1 FM in Los Angeles and Orange Counties, KMZT “K-Mozart” 1260 AM
in Beverly Hills, and 540 AM “The Zoo” in San Diego.